Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can i still lose weight while pregnant

So I'm about to be 30 and I'm ready to have my 1 more baby I'm 245.. was 300 when banded 5 years ago was 189 when i got pregnant with 1st child. My question is this im still pretty big .. has anyone still lost weight during pregnancy and been ok.. i still wonna work out lightly n walk while I'm pregnant and eat well and continue to lose weight

Hi! I truly think this is something you should talk to your health care provider about. I don't want to seem like a know-it-all but I'm actually studying maternity and high risk pregnancies and this is a huge topic. Obesity and pregnancy don't go well together. It is the #1 reason for post partum hemorrhage and there are so many other risk factors that can effect your pregnancy if your overweight. Plan your next pregnancy- be at a healthy BMI when you conceive and you won't have to worry about loosing weight. Dieting while pregnant is not recommended and isn't safe for the baby- they need the nutrients to develop correctly. I hope this helps!

I know this is a few months after the fact, but I thought I would add my two cents.

I have an 11 year old and I am pretty sure I went un-diagnosed as having gestational diabetes (GD). He was born at 10 lbs. 2 oz. I also gained 40 pounds during that pregnancy.

With my second, 7 years old, I wanted to make sure that I got tested earlier. My sis had a baby between my oldest and my second and she was diabetic and she was fit and healthy. Had a new doc the 2nd time who told me I almost certainly was GD the first go-round and he tested me early in my 2nd trimester. Def GD. I ended up on an insulin pump during my 3rd trimester since I was giving myself around 4-5 shots of insulin every day.

Having said all that, I saw a maternal dietitian and had bi-weekly sonos and what not to make sure my son was measuring properly. She told me to follow the diabetic diet (high Protein, lower carbs, etc). I, too, was heavier, and this was way before getting banded, so I know this is different, but I lost weight while pregnant. The day I found out I was pregnant and the day I gave birth I weighed the exact same. Don't get me wrong, there were definitely fluctuations, but to answer your question: yes, it is possible to be pregnant and lose weight and still be healthy (both you and baby). My youngest was a perfect 7 pounds and did not have any issues postpartum.

My hubby and are talking about maybe having another so we'll see how it goes!

Thank u for ur reply . Ur the 21st person I came across with some good infor.on the subject