Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I recently completed a very challenging 4-hr ropes course (an obstacle course set high in the tree tops). I conquered my fear of heights and I cannot describe just how good it felt to push my body to the extreme even when I wanted to quit. I did the first half of this ropes course in early August and could not continue because I injured myself. So I went back last Sunday (Nov 2) and did the entire course. Here is a short vid of me doing the easy part of the course:

http://vimeo.com/111289215

Since having my plastic surgery (Capella Plastic Surgery, Winslow Facial Plastic Surgery) after massive weight loss from Bariatric surgery, I am all about breaking through my boundaries. It took me years to find the courage to have my plastic surgery; and I backed out of my bariatric surgery the first time around. No longer overweight or obese, now I am living life fully. Never again will I allow fear to hold me back from doing the things I want to do. I love having the confidence and challenging my body to do the things I've never been able to do before! Plastic surgery is about so much more than aesthetics. It's about finding the person you were meant to be.

Live a life you love. Love the life you live!
My Bariatric Life

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/111289215" width="500" height="889" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="

">My Bariatric Life conquers a 4-hr ropes course, lives to tell about it! Part 2</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/mybariatriclife">My Bariatric Life</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Edited by My Bariatric Life

I watched your video and that is HORRIFYING. I am so scared of bridges and anything that resembles one, but you are right - I need to start conquering that fear.

@@bobbyswife Thanks! I was much more afraid of the height the first time I did the course. I had a REAL fear of heights but no more. I want to jump off a 70' tower (in a safety harness, it simulates a parachute jump). I checked out of it the first time but I will be back. It is very freaky to jump off something so high. I just could not force myself to do it even though I was psyched to do so... until I got up there, that is!

I admire you. I can't even "look" when my husband drives us over a bridge. And God forbid if I'm driving! What a nightmare!

You seem to be an adrenaline junkie. Must feel amazing. You have inspired me. Thanks so much for sharing the video.

Edited by jenn1

Wowsers! So inspiring that you're finding and doing the things you love!!

Great stuff - congrats! The last time I lost close to 100 pounds (the time before surgery), I went skydiving. It was liberating!

@@bobbyswife I used to be afraid of bridges, too. I think it ended when I started driving... maybe feeling more in control as the driver of the car had something to do with it. But I do remember being stuck in traffic on a bridge as a new driver and getting very nervous about the bridge shaking as I sat there stuck in my car, on the bridge, unable to get off because of the traffic jam.

@@jenn1 yeah, I think I might be. I drove a wave runner for the first time this summer and got it up to 71mph!

@@thesuse2000 Thanks! My plastic surgery was the awakening for me, rather than my gastric bypass. It seems many people have a life changing experience after their WLS but that did not transpire for me. I lost 50 inches and 50 pounds after my plastic surgery, going from a 14 to a 2 jeans. Add to that what Dr. Winslow was able to do to restore my face. It was such an amazing experience for me.

@@mrsto wow, that takes guts!!!! I might try skydiving if I was strapped to a tall dark and handsome hunk of an instructor, LOL. Hmmmm, maybe not... first I'll have to conquer that 70' tower jump!

Here is another video of the ropes course showing a piece of the most advance course, and me describing how sore I am. When my leg fell through the ring I was so tired and my arms so sore, especially the right arm that is injured, that I seriously thought I would not be able to lift my bodyweight back and continue the course. I contemplated asking the guide to get me down. But then I caught my breath and finished the challenge!

http://vimeo.com/111297068

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/111297068" width="500" height="889" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="
">Reclaiming my life: My Bariatric Life conquers a 4-hr ropes course! Part 3</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/mybariatriclife">My Bariatric Life</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

@@My Bariatric Life I did jump tandem, and it was THRILLING! But if you're one who gets motion sickness, you may not be happy once the shoot opens. I was fine in free fall, but the last minutes of floating to the ground made me sicker than a dog. For that reason, I wouldn't do it again :blink: One thing checked off the bucket list!

Edited by mrsto

@@mrsto oh no! I get motion sickness just driving in the car. And forget about cabs... I turned green like the grinch on the ride to JFK airport last month.

These videos are amazing. You are an inspiration!