Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No more insulin!

Saw my Dr. today, a1c 6.2 blood sugars running in the 70's and 80's. Took me off insulin today, woohoo!!! So happy

:D :D

That's always great news!!!!

Now that's what I'm talking about!!! Congratulations!

I was Type II for 12 years and on insulin for 5 years.

That is great!!!

I just would like to ask you a couple of other questions

How long did it take for your BG to get in the normal range?

Did your doctor or out you on anything after your surgery, or did he wean you off?

What do you think your fasting numbers would have been without long acting insulin?

I was on 35 units of insulin and 1000 mg of metformin. Have been type II since 1999.

While in hospital my glucose was up to 269, but they later told me it was because of the dextrose drip.

I am not two days post op and my level is 150

And down 7.6 lbs

Congratulations! Last week I donated my unused Lantus SoloStar and Victoza after getting the all clear from my Endocrinologist. My A1C was 6.0 without any diabetic medication since early September. The sleeve worked for me as promised.

Congratulations! Last week I donated my unused Lantus SoloStar and Victoza after getting the all clear from my Endocrinologist. My A1C was 6.0 without any diabetic medication since early September. The sleeve worked for me as promised.

That's great! How long did it take for you to have normal fasting levels after surgery?

Did your endocrinologist keep you on it after your surgery?

How long were you diabetic?

I was on 45units of Lantus insulin daily and sliding scale novolog insulin with meals prior to surgery. My blood sugars ran 120-150. I stayed on that dose of insulin after surgery, but found I no longer needed the novolog very often. I was so out of shape and had difficulty walking due to

neuropathy so I did not start exercising until 2 months after surgery when I started Water aerobics 3 times a week.

My A1C was coming down at 6 months after surgery, not enough for my endocrinologist to take me off insulin or decrease my dose } My blood sugars before meals were running 56-110] but by 9 mos post op my A1C was 6.2 and I was shocked when he completely stopped all my insulin and did not see a need to put me on pills. Still doing well. feel healthier and walking better now. And managing my diabetes with diet and exercise. I think part of the reason he waited to stop the insulin was he needed to be sure I would stick with the healthy food choices.

I had normal fasting levels after about a week after surgery.

I was taken off all 4 of my diabetic meds after a week.

Diagnosed 14 years ago.

I no longer need to test blood sugars daily - weekly is ok. I have a follow up appointment with Endo in 6 months.

Congratulations, that's great. I still need to test 2-3 times per day.

I had normal fasting levels after about a week after surgery.

I was taken off all 4 of my diabetic meds after a week.

Diagnosed 14 years ago.

I no longer need to test blood sugars daily - weekly is ok. I have a follow up appointment with Endo in 6 months.