Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am two weeks post sleeve and I have lost NO weight! I admit for the first week, I was eating and drinking next to nothing. I had to force myself to drink anything. I just wasn't interested. This last week has been improving and I have some appetite coming back. Right after the surgery, my doc took me off the diuretic I have been taking for years. I am so full of Water my ankles look like they are from the Michelin Man. I am rapidly getting very depressed. I am stuck on liquids for a few more days and then I can start on soft foods. I know the processed Soups have a lot of sodium but there is little to drink other than Soup and Protein drinks and I'm sick of both.

Please tell me that this gets better! I am afraid I did all this for nothing. I read something about rebound Water retention after getting off diuretics but it could take weeks before this comes off. I am trying to stay positive but I'm almost out of that.

I gained 12 lbs when I got home from hospital. All Water, took me a week to get rid of it but I had to go back on my water pill. I'm 12 days post op and have lost the 12 lbs plus 6 lbs. it seems so to me because it's really only 6 lbs in the 12 days. I'm trying to stay positive!

I was taken off mine too, and by the time I got home from the hospital, I weighed myself and I had gained all my pre op diet weight back. Talk about frustrating. I cried my eyes out, but I knew I was swollen from fluids. That scared me though, because without IV fluids blowing me up, I had enough trouble getting rid of normal daily Fluid. So, I went back on mine. My surgeon doesn't know, and maybe I should tell him, but I intend to quit again after about a month. I took one 4 days after I

Got home from the hospital, and literally the next day, my hospital fluid was gone, and I've been

Losing like crazy since.

I gained 12 pounds in the hospital too. My surgery was just on Wednesday so I'm sure I'm not even back to my presurgery weight. I know it's just Fluid so I don't have to feel guilty about it but it will make the overall numbers less. In the hospital and at home I have no trouble getting in the necessary amount of fluid because I'm so thirsty, still just small sips though. I wasn't on a diuretic before surgery but I did have a lot of trouble emptying my bladder.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches