Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV for a newbie WOOHOO!

So I'm about 4.5 wks post op and still going through the healing process and the pureed food stage but I'm noticing big differences already. I've had 2 major "aha" moments that remind me that hey, my body is in fact changing, bc sometimes my mind forgets.

The first was in the supermarket. I was checking out and had to get to the credit card machine but the cart was in the way. I stepped to the side of cart and pushed it besides me while in the aisle. Usually I have to get out of the aisle, then pull the cart out of the way and then finally step back into the aisle. Did that all make sense? I was completely amazed and smiled like an idiot when I realized what had just happened lol

The second was the below pic-I haven't done this since I was teen. I just naturally sat this way and then it occurred to me that it's been almost 20 yrs since I could do that!! (I was parked when I took this pic btw lol)

Yay for NSV-they blow my mind more than the numbers on the scale do sometimes!

What's your biggest NSV or "aha" moment?post-236336-14147850525676_thumb.jpg

Your picture made me laugh, because I was also happy when I could sit like that again! Just sliding into the car without smacking my knee on the steering wheel was nice, and now I can have the steering wheel all the way lowered and it isn't rubbing against my thighs. Your NSV's will keep coming- enjoy!

@@AvaFern thanks! I'm definitely looking forward to less random bruises from bumming into things lol. Still can't wrap my mind around it bc I still feel like I'm 30+lbs heavier. I have no idea what it will be like when it's even more of a weight loss.

Congratulations. It won't be long before your bed starts feeling bigger!

One NSV I have had, keeping with the car theme...........

I hate pumping gas so much. I am very lucky that my hubby usually will do it for me. But for those times when he isn't around and I have to do it I have to get out of the car to reach the release for gas door.

Well the other day my daughter who recently got her permit offered to fill my tank for me. She went around towards the pump and instead of asking her to hit the release for the gas tank I just reached down and did it. Afterwards I stopped and said to myself, "I just was able to reach down and release my gas tank!!"

I know it is a simple thing but to me it was huge!! It has only been 4 weeks since my surgery and I have had a ton of these moments. I can't wait to see what other NSV's I have along the way as I lose more weight!!

Congrats!! The good moments kind of creep up on you, don't they?!

Not such a newbie anymore but I just had another one-I have dimples! So apparently of the almost 85lbs I've lost since my highest weight, about half has been from my face ;-) and I've now discovered I have dimples!! I haven't seen those guys since I was young. They are located high on my cheeks, not in the traditional spot, so I think that's why they got lost in the fat lol but it's a fun new discovery