Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 3 is coming fast

....and I'm confident this is the right decision for me. That is, until I stop and think about the whole process of surgery and beyond. I worry that I will become hyper-conscious of what I will be eating from here on out, and that I will become obsessed with food.

Of course, if I had been aware of what I was eating up to this point, I wouldn't be in this predicament, now would I?

My surgeon tells me I am the perfect patient (although I suspect he says that to everyone LOL!) since I've lost 35 lbs so far. I don't have a pre-surgery diet, other than Clear Liquids the day before, and he doesn't think I will require a hernia repair, so it *should* be easy-breezy other than pain afterwards.

>sigh!< I could ramble on and on...

Please send any positive energy my way on Monday--I'll try to post when I'm out I surgery and back in my room!

Best of luck, my November brothers and sisters!

Good luck! It's so exciting being this close to surgery. I am the day after you. I will keep you in my thoughts!

Summer

I am november 3rd also. Very nervous. Best of luck to you on Monday! How exciting!

• I am going in on November 3rd too. I am very excited. After six months of supervised diet we submitted to insurance last Wednesday, I was approved this Monday then the surgeon's office called and said they had an opening this Monday. What a whirlwind.

Edited by auntjanny

I am having my surgery on the 5th. (Wed.) I am nervous as well. Trying to get all the liquids and Protein down. How much time is everyone taking off work?

Oh, man! The panic/anxiety/self doubt is really amplified tonight! Tomorrow is clear liquids and Monday is show time, and I'm second guessing my decision--I know I can't back out, and yet I'm scared that once it's done, it's done. What if I fail? What if there are complications? What if this is the wrong decision and I'm not prepared for the emotional journey that follows? What if I have a lot of excess skin? What if my husband is disappointed in the 'new me'? AHHHH! I have to stop, be still, and give it up to God....I know that, and yet all of these irrational thoughts keep creeping in! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

What an exciting time for you. I am 2 weeks post op and I struggled with the same feelings you are having. Just know that your support team is there for you and will help you through everything after the surgery. You have made your decision with a level head. You are just getting nervous at the last hour. I was also worried about not being able to do this so I didn't tell very many people about my surgery. That way if I didn't succeed I wouldn't feel like such a failure. Now I have people noticing my weight loss and asking what I'm doing lol. Hang in there, you got this!!

I will be 8 weeks this Wed. In my experience, I was pretty obsessed with food and hydration the first few weeks, and I think that is pretty much a necessity. But as you get further out, your attitudes will change and you will develop a different relationship with food. There is no overeating or eating the wrong things (unless you really enjoy getting very sick ). It's behavior modification to the max. I now see food as fuel. I eat when my body tells me to and I eat small amounts because it's what makes me feel best... cheese, nuts, turkey, eggs mostly. I see an ad for a big hamburger and it repulses me. I expect most here will tell you the same thing. You are starting a brand new life. Just hang on through the rough ride at first. Then it's going to be great.

Tomorrow, Novemeber 3rd is my 8 months since surgery. I remember like it was yesterday the feelings I was having the day before the surgery and for that matter the whole week before. I was nervous, scared, excited, and many other emotions came out that week. The morning of the surgery I was very nervous about having an elective surgery.

Let me tell you, it was the best decision I have ever made for me. I have lost 117 lbs and have never felt more free. Yes, the first couple weeks was difficult, but not nearly as difficult as I had imagined. I had issues with figuring out what to eat and when....but it all works out. sugar free popsicles were my go to in the first few months. My freezer was never short on them. Getting Water in was the most difficult for me and still a little uncomfortable to drink sometimes.

I know you will do great!! In eight months I am sure you will be posting words of encouragement for another person getting ready to have it.

Good Luck!!!!

JCP, good thoughts on food as fuel. I have heard it a thousand times but never acted on it.

Good luck and best of all to you. I go in a week.

Prayers for all having surgery this week! Keep your eye on the prize! God bless!