Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved yesterday 10/29/2014

So I'm laying here in my hospital bed not able to sleep one bit so I figured I'd get on here.. I had surgery yesterday morning around 8:30am in NY I had a 9 day liquid diet where I lost about 10lbs. Surgery went great! I was so worried about a few things. One being that anesthesia always makes me throw up and my anesthesiologist assured me he'd do everything he possibly could so I wouldn't throw up esp bring stomach the odds were already against me and although I don't want to jinx myself to this very minute I have not gotten sick. Whenever I felt nauseous the nurses were right on top of it with zofran. Another thing I was scared of was having a drain tube left in that didn't happen either! I was also worried about needing a catheter but I have has no problem urinating on my own. One thing I was scared if was the Lovenox shot in my tummy even though the shot itself didn't hurt I had really intense burning afterwards whatever you do, don't rub it!!! Thank god I work at a hospital and my co workers made it clear not to rub it. The burning lasted at least 20mins and I have to start them back up this morning. I have not had any pain in my shoulders or chest from gas pains so far. They had me start swallowing my normal medications and that has seemed to leave quite a bit of discomfort each time. I normally have high blood pressure which sky rocketed while I was under and they hit under control until about 6pm tonight and it's been elevated and needed some meds. I also ended up with a terrible terrible Migraine that they had to call my dr to get an order so I could take my Imitrex.i believe it as caused from taking Vicodin so the nurses got it switched to Percocet for me and dilaudid. My dr has been a,aging such great bedside manner and my 2 nurses I've had so fa have been wonderful. I was inky back in my room about an hour and started walking. I actually just did another lap around the hospital since I can't sleep. I have been able to have Water and ice chips thank god bc my mouth throat are beyond dry. Today (Thursday) for lunch the dr will advance it to Clear Liquids crystal light Jello etc and if I do ok for dinner I will be able to start on shakes and yogurt again. I'm just praying my new stomach tolerates it all ok and I will be able to go home Friday morning.

All in all I believe the surgery for he has went very well and I'm not regretting it ow bit! Obviously everyone us different but I wanted to share my experience bc it helped me reading others experience from the surgery before giving mine. Sorry it's so long I wanted to explain it as best I could.