Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

People Under 5 Feet

I am curious to know if there are any other shorties out there being sleeved or have been sleeved? I am 4'9.5 and the Nutritionist tweaked my diet a bit due to my height, she also told me do not do the liquid diet more than 7 day for surgery prep. . I just wondered the success and goals.

Hello there

I'm 4 11 355lbs no surgery yet. Where are u in the process

Hi I'm 4"11 and been sleeved going on my 11 month. My journey started out at 265 day of surgery 260. Lost about 25 pounds first week. First month over 50 pounds, then kept losing. Currently I'm between 135-140, stop going to the gym for 2 months and been in this stall. Getting back to the gym I'll lose the 15-20 more pounds I'm wanting to. I thought I was the only shorty out here!! BTW I did everything like tall people would do my Dr said it did not matter how tall. Check out my pics!

Five months out/ 8 months out

post-175708-14147634468022_thumb.jpg

10 months out/ current

post-175708-14147635518824_thumb.jpg

DL picture had to renew I look like a different person

post-175708-1414763606461_thumb.jpg

Just for kicks with my peeps

post-175708-14147636732285_thumb.jpg

Edited by Piggy piggy

Must be awesome to have collar bones!! Great job. I almost 6 weeks post op. Have not yet begun the gym routine. I see dr next week and should be cleared for all activity. I am 4'11 or, on a blessed morning, 5'

Hit the gym ASAP it did wonders for me. The only reason why I had to stop was my daughter and all her after school activities. It's slowing down and I'm changing up my routine and starting before work 5:00am gym time instead of after. I enjoy going to the gym I do their classes.

Aww Piggy Piggy, thanks for the encouragement. I am so afraid I will not be able to keep up!

I started out on the treadmill, then worked on weights then I jumped into a Zumba class it was all over. My favorite classes are #1 body pump #2 Zumba #3 Sha bam. It took me about three weeks to get into a class and make sure u get your Protein in. The key for me if I don't sweat I'm not work hard enough. (Don't sweat like I use to)

I'm 4 foot 9 and 3/4ths of an inch. Yay for other shorties. I'm losing on average about 2-3 lbs a week. 5 months out, 68 lbs gone.

I'm 4 foot 9 and 3/4ths of an inch. Yay for other shorties. I'm losing on average about 2-3 lbs a week. 5 months out, 68 lbs gone.

Great job!!! I am excited to become part of the shortie looser club :)

Thank you Funsize it's not an easy road, but very rewarding. When is your surgery date? What's the status for all the other shorties here?

I'm 4'11". I had surgery on 10/20.

Thank you Funsize it's not an easy road, but very rewarding. When is your surgery date? What's the status for all the other shorties here?

I am excited my sleeve date is Dec 8th. I weigh 171 with a few health issues that helped me get approved. I haven't shared my surgery with many because people say you don't weight enough I an 4'9.5" I can weight 100 lbs not that is my goal LOL. Any advice?

Kay wolf how are you feeling?