Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Further Out With the Sleeve...what can I expect?

I'm about 12 weeks out and I'm down 47 pounds. Haven't had complications, sleep better, off my diabetic meds and feeling happy! My question is about the future. My biggest fear is back sliding into old problems, I want to stay in this good place I'm now in. I can only eat moderate amounts of food and that restriction is helping me change things for the better. When I'm a year or two out will that be completely gone? I'm worried. I'm really hoping this help sticks with me. Any experiences from long timers would be fantastic to hear! Thank you!

Congrats on your weight loss. I'm curious to hear from some experienced sleevers also.

I'm over two years out...and while I still would like to lose some more; if I stay where I'm at, I'll be happy.

Like any other addiction (even tho we need food to survive, we don't need the junk and amount we were throwing down our throats pre surgery) ... you can back slide; tho it's not quite as easy after surgery.

I may have extra Snacks, but now that will be raw almonds or an extra sugar free fudge bar... so I still make better choices all the way around.

I don't crave carbonated beverages or candy/sweets for the most part...

I make healthy choices whenever possible (which is almost always possible)...even at McDonalds...I LOVE Breakfast sandwiches and the drive thru...it makes me feel like an "adult"...it's a silly thing...so I get an Egg McMuffin without the muffin...they know to put my cheese in the middle and I'm so happy with my little treasure!

Every day we are faced with JUNK options...the tool you have now will help you survive and get thru them. You may have to do some planning, especially now that holidays are coming...be PREPARED!

Bring items YOU can have, don't worry about whether others will like it...I love making parmesan chips and having with Salsa...now my friends expect them at parties, they LOVE them too.

You've got this... use your resources!!!

Good luck and congratulations!

Thanks for the encouragement! It sounds like you have done really well yourself and I love your positive attitude, I know that can make all the difference in our success.

Do you physically still feel some restriction to help keep things controlled even though you consciously choose to have a healthier lifestyle? I don't mean to sound so dependent on being restricted, but I feel thankful for that limit being so real now. And it helps me make better choices because I know my space is limited so I have to get in the good things...do you know what I mean? I don't want to be able to overdo it again.

yes there is still some restriction...not as much as in the beginning... but it's still there

Thanks for that info, I appreciate you sharing your experience. I know this is a lifelong change that will take my dedication to myself to keep on track and have continued success. I can't explain it, but I feel better knowing that feeling will still be there to keep me in this mindset. I don't ever want to go back to putting myself last and not taking care of my health. I want health and happiness for all of us who are working hard to do that.

@@BigGirlPanties

Do you have the recipe for Parmesan chips?

@shmeyers sure...simplest things EVER!

Oven at 350

I use parchment paper, so I don't use any oil...lay it out on a cookie sheet

Small piles of parmesan (use the kind in the bag or that you grate yourself...not the green "box")

Pat them down a bit...they don't spread much, so you can put them fairly close

(I make them the size of a half dollar)

Bake for about 8 minutes...until a bit brown (again the brown-ness depends on the brand cheese you use)

cool and serve :)

I have played with them so I know when the color is right for the crispness I like.

Use with hummus, salsa, anything you would use with a chip! They store well too.

**be careful, they are addicting!** :)