Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Interesting article -- and to think that a couple of years ago I had no idea what the Vagus Nerve is all about!

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/10/26/the-brain-gut-connection-for-mental-well-being/

FABULOUS Article.

Thank you so much for posting the link.

I drink 1/2 bottle of Kombacha a day and it sure seems to help my depression. Psychosomatic? maybe. I'll just keep drinking my Kombacha.

I think if our "gut" is healthy or unhealthy it has so much to do with our overall health.

Blessings,

Kathleen

I always knew MEN had a second brain....(Jerry Seinfeld episode), but I never knew mine existed in my GUT....... Makes sooooo much sense......Now to add more Probiotics to my eating, without having to make my own sauerkraut !!!!!!!!!

Of course men have a second brain, but the blood can't irrigate the two at the same time.

Any you wonder why we can't pay attention...........My little head (first brain) has been in charge since I was 13. And now they say the gut is battling for a place in the hierarchy......... It's a wonder I can tie my shoes..... :wacko:

Any you wonder why we can't pay attention...........My little head (first brain) has been in charge since I was 13. And now they say the gut is battling for a place in the hierarchy......... It's a wonder I can tie my shoes..... :wacko:

TOO darn funny !!!!!!!!

Yeah I always knew my stomach ruled the world! I am one of those people who feels it in the gut first before anything else. When I meet someone I don't like...(for what ever reason or no reason at all) I feel it in my stomach. When something is just not right, yup you guessed it tummy responds first.

If you know me you might often find me rubbing my tummy like it's some kind of crystal ball and honestly it sort of is, it tells me a lot about things around me.

There are some environments that I am in that literally make me sick to my stomach. They can be the fanciest department store or upscale restaurant and I just have to get out of there. I know it sounds odd but I have learned to trust that uneasy feeling and believe me its not coming down with a bug or anything like that. Once the situation is removed or I remove myself from it all uneasy stomach feelings go away instantly.

How does wls affect this second brain?

Wow that explains so much.