Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WARNING! I'M BEING A CRY BABY

I wanna eat! We can I eat again. This past 10 nights Ive dreamt about food. Its the only time I've been happy since the surgery.

I miss cooking. In my mind I'm a gourmet chef. I have a million paleo/semipaleo recipes. I'm ready to get into the groove of things. How long did it take you to be able to eat again? Right now I can hold 1oz at time.

On another note for those of you that are losing massive amounts of weight how did you do it? Were you strict to the diet. Did you have "fun"? When did you stay working out?

Dear Crybaby,

Hey, Sweetie, I'm a crybaby, too. Your post caught my attention because I've been a little moody lately. However, I'm 48 and I've been having hot flashes, so I'm thinking I may be crying more for hormonal reasons. How long ago did you have your surgery? I'm 3 months out, and I promise you, it does get easier. Although, I'm getting pretty sick of chicken lol. I've been losing the standard 1-2 lbs a week, and you really don't want to lose more than that. It was hard for me to have 1/3 cup in the beginning, but now, I'm able to hold 1/3-1/2 cup. My nutritionist says that by a year about, my meals will be about the size of a salad plate. That's comforting to me. Just try to remember why you started and how much better you must already feel. Stay active.

I must admit, though, I do things that my doctor probably wouldn't approve of, such as have a piece of Weight Watchers chocolate almost daily. It really helps me when I'm feeling hormonal and need some chocolate. My favorite is called Birthday Cake. No one really talks about your hormone levels and how they might affect you. What's driving me crazy is not being able to have a carbonated beverage...Well, my doctor doesn't approve of that either. But I have to say, I've let one sit out to lose some of its fizz and took a few sips. idk, I'm just rambling and I'm probably no help at all. I'm 3 months out, though, and I've lost 50#, so I'm not doing too bad. I hope you get over this rough spot. Keep your eye on the prize, Sweetie

xoxox

I was sleeved on the 6th. So it's a long Tyumen before I can even testee chicken let alone get tired of it.

I don't I'll ever get tired of it. Ive got like 15 recipes just waiting to go lbs.

As far as when you can eat again...you've gotta give yourself time to heal. Don't rush it, you'll be eating again before you know it, albeit far less volume! ;)

I didn't really did anything radical to get to my goal weight (well, excluding the whole cutting my stomach out part! :P :D). Just followed my doctor's plan and moved around as much as possible.

Regarding working out, I have worked out religiously since about week 16. I started with light weights and gradually increased. At this point I'm having a ball working out and feel like a kid again...my wife will tell you I never stopped acting like a kid, but I digress! :rolleyes:

Weight training five days a week (3 intense/2 basic) and mild cardio on weekends (mowing lawn, biking, staying busy outside and swimming...well, lounging in the pool! :lol:).

The surgery simply reduced the volume you can consume, unfortunately the head hunger is something you'll have to work on, i.e. retrain your brain. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it.

One of my favorite quotes, "Do or do not, there is no try" ~ Yoda

Good luck!

Be patient. What you are going through is very short lived compared to the rest of your life. I didn't feel normal or enjoy eating until about 3-4 months out. But I hit goal at just over 7 months out and am currently maintaining at 12 pounds under goal. I've followed the 60g protein/64oz Water rule every single day. I take my Multivitamins every single day. I've never measured, counted or tracked my food. Just simply ate Protein first, then veggies, fruit and whole grains. After 4-5 months I was also eating desert, bread, alcohol, ice cream, cake, etc but in moderation. Once I was close to goal I added more fat, fruit and healthy carbs to my diet to slow my rate of loss and transition to maintenance.

Don't worry, you will be able to eat normal soon enough. Just take this time to learn new habits and enjoy the restriction while it lasts (because you will be able to eat a LOT more within 6-12 months and then you're stuck with willpower and whatever new habits you've developed to maintain).