Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2014 sleevers check in please!

Hey everyone! I just wanted to keep in touch with everyone on the postop boards now that most of us are done and in a few more days the remainder of us October sleevers will be done as well.

How is everyone doing? Feel free to share any problems, suggestions, recipes that helped you get your Protein in, and any other advice you'd like to share. Ask questions, if you have them. Use this thread as you see fit, but mostly to keep in touch with everyone.

I know quite a few people went to the Facebook page. I know it's private, but I've seen cases where private information was temporarily made public on Facebook by Facebook glitches/viruses/hacks. I know there is no intention of it going public but I rather not take the risk.

So I hope to hear from you all soon!!

Best wishes and good luck!

Checking in here. Procedure done on October 21, starting weight 225, current weight 207 yesterday. Those numbers include my 10 day pre - surgery liquid diet. I had a textbook experience/procedure. I am 6 days post and I'm not close to meeting my Water and Protein requirements. Yesterday I was wanting real food so bad, my stomach was actually growling. This morning I woke up before 5 am with some serious back pain. I think it's the binder I wear 24/7. Plus I quite taking all meds by Friday. Other then that everything has been great.

Hey All;

Thanks for this post. As I'm still learning this site - I tend to get lost...or just stop trying to navigate through things. My phone and my desktop computer seem completely different when accessing here...blah, blah. I tend to check in with my 10/20/14 crew daily, but I will also recommend we all jump over here also....or, perhaps they're already here and the joke is on me...lol.

So anyway - today is day 7 post op for me. I have my RN phone follow-up today, and I have nothing but good news for her. I have my MD post-op on 11/6.

I feel that I've done quite well this week. I'm on day 5 of my full liquids. Today = 10lbs post op weight loss for me.

I wasn't sure if my gastro issues were from the nonfat milk I mix with my Protein shake or just from getting used to eating again. Yesterday I resolved that it was the milk and am now trialing with Almond Breeze and Soy milk. I think that should do the trick for most of the symptoms. I had a little grumbling yesterday and now wonder if it was the pudding that remains in my meal plan. I'll continue to try isolating/connecting the symptoms with the food....one-by-one....until I figure it all out.

I'm getting my walks in; post-op I'm averaging 1-2 miles per day....usually with 2-3 short walks. Still trying to regulate my sleep. This past week I just slept when the urge came, and I'm a little off. This week I'm gonna try to nap less during the day and sleep at night; wish me luck.

My full liquids are doing fine. I don't cook and am not creative so I'm sticking with the pre-packaged sugar-free puddings, Trader Joe's boxed creamier Soups, low fat cottage cheese, sugar free apple sauce, etc. While I seem to get full with each meal, I found/find myself getting super hungry between meals - which are approx 4-5hrs apart. So I'm conducting a little "timing" study by setting my stopwatch for, at least, one minute between spoonfuls to pace myself, and, as my dietitian says - to allow my stomach time to tell my brain I'm full/satisfied. Hopefully this will help alleviate the super hungries between meals. Other than that - I try to breathe....lol....walk, relax, meditate, chat on-line with you all, etc, to keep my mind off of my 'apparent' hunger. I'm not one to cheat/snack, so I'm not worried about overeating. I'm just trying to re-train my brain to NOT feel hungry when I'm - uh - not hungry. Clear as mud? LOL.

I am now following this area/thread/site....whatever it is....and will remain in touch.

Checking in here. Procedure done on October 21, starting weight 225, current weight 207 yesterday. Those numbers include my 10 day pre - surgery liquid diet. I had a textbook experience/procedure. I am 6 days post and I'm not close to meeting my Water and Protein requirements. Yesterday I was wanting real food so bad, my stomach was actually growling. This morning I woke up before 5 am with some serious back pain. I think it's the binder I wear 24/7. Plus I quite taking all meds by Friday. Other then that everything has been great.

Great job on the weight loss so far! I'm not close to meeting my water and protein intake winter - definitely easier said than done lol. I don't use a surgical binder at all. When I wear an older snug tank top or something for some support, I end up getting a puffy and cramped feeling in my stomach.

I have a 2 week post op visit on 11/10. I weighed 238 right before surgery and right now weigh 230. I accidentally gulped down two swallows of waters early this morning. I've been having stomach discomfort ever since. I'm doing laundry now and as soon as I get done, I'm taking a nap! Otherwise no real complaints yet.

Edited by Jen - a work in progress

I am also an October sleever. 10/14/2014. Doing well Tired of liquids as I still have 20 more days until my next phase. grrr

Hahahaha I know the feeling. Just stay strong and connected we will do fine.

I started my preop diet with pureed foods, but it has been a mostly liquid one so far. I have tried some Greek yogurt and cottage cheese which seem to be doing well although I don't eat much of it. I also have tried applesauce, which is good but pretty much an empty food used to get my omeprazole in with. And tuna, which I didn't like much before surgery and still don't really like it now lol. Jello and sugar free Popsicles are great for having something different

10/06 here. Feeling a little nervous because I'm 3 weeks post op and I've only lost 11 lbs. I've been in the dreaded stall for almost 12 days now.

Anyone have instagram?! @its.jesssica ????

10/2/14 surgery I have lost 15lbs. My problem now is that nothing tastes good. My doc put me on puréed food 2 weeks ago and then last week soft fish, tuna salad etc. I can eat the food but it tastes a terrible to the point I am so nauseous that I would rather vomit. Anyone else with this issue?

I know a lot of people hit stalls during their journey. Some contact their NUTs or NP for some guidance on what they can change to get the loss going again. Others just give it time.

10/2/14 surgery I have lost 15lbs. My problem now is that nothing tastes good. My doc put me on puréed food 2 weeks ago and then last week soft fish, tuna salad etc. I can eat the food but it tastes a terrible to the point I am so nauseous that I would rather vomit. Anyone else with this issue?

My taste buds have exited the building. Nothing tastes the same right now. Not even milk.

October 15 sleever here! I have two more days on full liquid diet, then I go to puréed foods for two weeks. Not having any problems (knock on wood) but today I became extremely nauseated after drinking Decaf coffee. This scared me. :( Looking for some delicious puréed food recipes to try because this liquid stage is hard! Oh, and think I hit my stall right out the gate. Total weight loss: 5 pounds since surgery. Not really worried because I'm still healing. I can't eat so the weight will come off sometime.

Edited by OnePhatWhoDat

Oct-13 here. Lost 17 since surgery. Not getting in Protein or Water requirements yet and started talking walks today. I know I'm behind on the walking but it has rained for several days. I'm on full liquids till November 5th when I have my 3 week check up. I did have a puree Tomato for lunch and it went well except for the super small portion. Congrats to everyone else.