Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 4 weeks out and I have been eating soft foods for 2 weeks (per doctors approval). I am tired of the same old Snacks and am having a lot of problems getting my Proteins and fluids. My doctor said I should have 30 grams of Protein and 64 Fluid ounces. Do you think I could have some pizza rolls or egg rolls as long as I bake and not fry? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

No, I don't think pizza rolls or egg rolls are a good idea. Soft foods means scrambled eggs, yogurt, or maybe refried Beans with a little cheese.

Check with your surgeon or nutritionist to see when you can move in to the next stage and what exactly that should consist of.

Susan

Also tuna, chicken,egg salad!

I am 4 weeks out and I have been eating soft foods for 2 weeks (per doctors approval). I am tired of the same old Snacks and am having a lot of problems getting my Proteins and fluids. My doctor said I should have 30 grams of Protein and 64 Fluid ounces. Do you think I could have some pizza rolls or egg rolls as long as I bake and not fry? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

So what are you snacking on? There's really no Protein in pizza or egg rolls so they would be wasted calories at this point. 30g protein is actually a pretty low amount....most postop plans call for 60g or more. Too little protein now can lead to hairless later. here's a lot of stuff I snacked on....

Refried Beans

Hard boiled eggs

Baby bell cheese

String cheese

Avocados (I actually ate a lot of homemade guacamole)

Greek yogurt flavored with Protein powder

Spam

Deviled ham

tuna fish

chicken salad

Peanut Butter

P3 snack packs

Split pea Soup

Bean Soups

Cottage cheese

Quest bars are soft, come in a variety of flavors and have 20g protein each

For fluids I drank diluted fruit juice, diluted Vitamin Water and Sobe, skim milk (lots of protein there, too), flavored water, and herbal teas. I had a water bottle with me at all times and never stopped sipping. Even at 10 months out I drink a large protein smoothie everyday....30-40g protein and 24-32 oz Fluid in just one "snack". With so many different powder flavors and extras like Torani syrups, fruit or PB2, the variety is nearly endless.

Also tuna, chicken,egg salad!

I never think of tuna, since I don't care for it.

I want to thank you all, I have been having sf Jello, sf pudding, sf Popsicle and cottage cheese. Just getting boring so thanks for the suggestions. I didn't think of some of the things you posted.

Check out the blog, The World According to Eggface!

PB2 is a low fat powdered Peanut Butter. Basically real Peanut Butter with the oils pressed out and then dehydrated. It's great to mix in Protein shakes or can be reconstituted with Water and used like regular peanut butter.

P3 Protein Snacks are little packets of meat, cheese and nuts (made by Oscar Meyer). Come to think of it, you may want to hold off on those because of the nuts.

From your snack list, its not surprising you are having a hard time with your protein intake. I didn't eat anything that didn't have protein in it for the first several months. I also mixed unflavored Protein Powder into things like cream Soups and mashed potatoes. And Like I mentioned in my other post, Protein Shakes are an easy way to get both protein and Fluid.

Edited by Kindle

I ate spam in soft food stage. Basically ate any soft, high Protein food. And yes it's high in sodium, but actually has less than the Campbell's bean and ham Soup I ate.

I ate a lot of meatballs in red sauce during the soft foods stage. I would add a small scoop of cold ricotta cheese with it. Really tasty and lots of Protein.

Also I made egg salad with real mayo.< /p>

Also turkey and cheese rollups using high quality deli meats and cheeses from the deli counter.

The P3 Snacks are nice and very convenient but they do all come with nuts so not soft.

Ricotta cheese topped with a good marinara and shredded parmesan and mozzarella and baked till brown and bubbly. Delicious!!! My fav

That sounds delicious! I'm adding that to my list of foods for when I get to that stage. Thanks for sharing!