Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Typical meal 6 months & one year out?

Can anyone tell me how much good they are consuming 6 months and a year out?

Are you able to eat more thans few bites if you go out with friends or the one who can only gave a few bites and puts the rest in a to go container?

I'm 6 months out and the amount I can eat depends on the food and even the time of day sometimes. For example I can eat a whole bagel and cream cheese when I have "coffee" with friends or I opt to just drink tea. For the other meals I always get a doggy bag. For instance at Outback I can usually eat 1/2 a small steak and 1/2 to 3/4 of a veggie side.

I can't eat a whole meal for sure when I go out. I always take food home.

It feels like my eating hasn't changed but then I write it down or really think about it and I don't eat even a portion of what I used to, I'm just completely satisfied.

If I order a steak or chicken in a restaurant, I really can't eat that much of it. In fact, I probably eat a smaller portion than what I am supposed to.

Last night I went out to eat and had some hummus for an appetizer (I did have some of the pita wedges with it but also just had some hummus on my spoon--it was amazing!). Then for dinner I had a salad with grilled chicken on it. I don't think there was 3-4 oz of chicken on it but I didn't eat it all and also didn't eat that much lettuce. I took it home. But I was more than satisfied.

At home, if I have a chicken breast or steak, can't eat that much. But if I make a chili or a stew of some sort, I can eat more than a cup's worth, though have been trying to eat about a cup. The problem is that I can't measure how much Protein I"m getting and am filling up on the veggies and things inside the chili or stew.

Someone had posted a Turkey Skillet recipe that I am now living on quite a bit. I keep making a batch of it and eat it for dinner throughout the week.

I am trying to not try too many new things. I'm good with routine and eating the same thing over and over for now.

Also, when I still feel hungry after my little meal, I eat a couple spoonfuls of cottage cheese and I'm completely done then. It's a nice filler and is Protein. I would love to also hear what others are eating

I eat alot of greek yogurt and fish. I don't eat much beef as it doesn't agree with my stomach too well. I love ground turkey and ground chicken cause it's easy to portion out. I'll do homemade slider size burgers alot and 1 of those is enough for me. I too can fill up on Soups and veggies more than the Protein. And pasta...well I try to stay away from that cause it fills me up way to fast.