Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 weeks out and already starting to feel like I'm getting off track

I feel like I want "real" food and I've tried to....get very uncomfortable and even to the point of feeling like I'm going to be sick ... I don't think i'm getting enough Protein and I KNOW i'm not getting all of my Water down ....

I don't want my sleeve to stretch and I'm afraid I might be doing that? am I worrying to much about this?

I've had some of the foods I shouldn't be having and I'm afraid I'm falling back into bad habits....

Has anyone experience with this? how have you overcome it or got back on track?

any comments would be great ... there's to much at steak for me to mess this up...

hope everyone's doing well

All I can tell you is at three months out, I'm still following my plan....exactly. The truth is I'm too scared not to. I feel complications can still occur. I'm also the lowest weight I have been since 1984. I NEVER EVER want to see those numbers again. This tool is my last chance and the only thing that has worked in 30 yrs. That's my motivation to follow the rules. All the best on this not so easy journey.

Don't beat yourself up if you eat something you shouldn't, jump right back on the wagon. Remind yourself why you chose this surgery and the progress you've made.

Samuel Butler, Victorian era English author once said ,

"Self -preservation is the first law of nature."

Taking that leap to have bariatric surgery was a brave act of self-preservation. There are many other steps you can take now to refresh your new lease on life. (And we are just temporarily leasing our human container). One of those steps is to get back on track, starting with your next meal.

I will be thinking of you, and wish you good luck and good health.

Not sure what you are eating that you think will stretch your sleeve? I was sleeved on Sept 19th and am doing great. Yes, I miss real food and am trying to slowly introduce real food. Have you been on Pinterest? There are many great recipes on there for Gastric Sleeve. Try things that are good for you until you find something you like and that is good for you.

I used to love watching the food channel and reading cookbooks. DO NOT DO THIS! It is too hard now.

Keep the faith and keep working what you have been taught and get sugar free Popsicles. They are great and I eat 8 a day at least. Really curbs my appetite.

Good luck. I wish you the best! Attaching a great Cookbook you should try.post-238013-0-42403800-1414162319_thumb.jpg

You can have "real" food, only you won't be able to eat much of it, and most things you ate before will make you sick. So proceed with caution...

Hardly anything makes me sick. I can eat Cookies and sweets and garbage with no issues. It's all mental now. You probably aren't going to stretch your sleeve. It's still healing and swelling will continue to go down. So you will be able to eat more as the swelling lessens. But the really stretchy part is gone. It's the mental stuff you need to work on. If you have access to a psych consider talking your fears out with him or her. There are also a lot of books you can consult for help.

I feel the same. Protein shakes are making my stomach upset so I don't always get my Protein and I never get all my Water. I have had some things I shouldn't and I have eaten too fast and gotten to the point of pain.

I am going to make more of an effort to get all my protein and slow down. If I do those two things, I should be on track. Everyone has an occasional treat, don't beat yourself up.

You heard it before. Just get back on track. Some people will stick to their plan tooth and nail and others don't. It is a struggle either way. We know what will happen if we take that bite of something bad. Wouldn't it be nice if we continue to eat correctly and see the end results? To see how far we can go? To finally feel good about that person staring at you in the mirror.This is something that I used to tell myself pre-op and just reminded myself of that while typing. Get back on track and stick to the plan. Try to push the fluids and do Proteins first. Eat slowly and don't take that extra bite.

I had fried foods a few times. But yet, I still managed to lose weight. It is a constant battle. I am not trying to compete with anyone, not trying to chase the scale, not trying to lose that 50 pounds that my NP wants me to lose in 4 months. I think she is a little too optimistic. But I will keep trying as long as I have this sleeve. I will continue to push myself to workout. You should too. Just keep trying your best. You are doing good so far and remember where you were before the WLS. You are still in the beginning.

Later Losers!

Hey All I close to the 6 week post op mark (6 weeks on 10/31)

I find myself Stuggling with the same thing I love pintrest and never thought of looking up receipes for GVS i am excted to hear that!

My thing is i dont properly plan for my work day.... I need to go grocery shopping and really portion out some Snacks and meals I barely eat during the day... One meal a day sort of thing.... I try to finish One Protein Shake and thats a struggle, as the desire to drink anything isnt there. somedays depending on my physically activites i dying of thirst and cant get my crystal lite down quick enough,.... and like most days here at work I can barely drink.

I weighed in this morning and after a stall of about 2 weeks Im down to 231.9 starting weight was 277.4 . so im doing something right.

I also agree eating jumk is so mental. and if you cheat tell yourself I can turn this around and dont cheat forawhile make up for the cheating. or give yourself a good workout. try to read or catch a good movie to get yourself off wanting bad yummies (LOL OXY-MORON right There) lol but there are great alternatives for the bad stuff.... Im still on sugar free sweets (pudding and popsicles, diet snapple and any flavor sugar pkts to add to water) which really curb my sweet tooth.... but overall your doing great and I really dont think anyone really expected the unexpected ! in the sense of what we used to eat to now curbing everything is very hard. so you made it this far. and all of this will pass.... Good Luck all we are doing so Good, even with the little slip-ups. cause I know I have them too

xoxoxo

-Perfectly Flawed

gigi

I'm 4 weeks post op exactly today and I know what you mean. What makes it worse is that my nutritionist is not the friendliest or helpful. She wants me to eat between 800-1000 calories but I'm hardly hungry.

I love carbs and being hispanic almost all my foods have rice so not having them is the worst.

thanks everyone for the comments ... I'm pretty much back on track ... and pinterest is awesome ... I pulled a few recipes from there ...

have a good weekend