Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What to do what to do ?

I'm 25 years old , I have struggled with weight all my life. In my 19-21 years of age I was around 150 pounds and as happy as can be. I got pregnant at 21 and when I had my baby I was 200 pounds. I went down to 191 and stayed there for a while. I then move to a new job and I went up to 213 that is where I am. I had another baby in march of 2014 I didn't gain any weight with this pregnancy because I had a car accident and broke my ankle so I couldn't get up much to eat. My ankle never went back to normal and hurts while I exercise. I just haven't been able to losse what I want and I am really considering the gastric sleve. I have absolutely no support with my family and boyfriend so I feel confused. They say that surgery is the easy way out. I have the money to go to mexico and have it done.

I take it you don't have insurance, or it doesn't cover the surgery...

Anyway...this is NOT the easy way out... you still have to follow a dietary program and exercise...the surgery is a tool that helps you lose and keep off the weight, but you can fail after the surgery if you don't follow the guidelines.

Don't let anyone tell you that... you have to do what you feel is right for YOU... if your health is at risk, this is something your should explore!!!

Good luck!

It's funny to think how someone could possibly think this is "The Easy Way Out". Really, believe me, there is nothing easy about it. It's nothing more than a tool to help in the aid of weight loss and a key to a happy and healthy life. Easy, absolutely not. You have to do what is best for YOU, and your child, and in my mind that is the most important thing. Find someone that will support you, a friend, a cousin, someone that is on your side, and seek help from them. This is not a miracle, you have surgery and BAM the next day you're thin..... No, no, no! You still have to eat properly and exercise, it just is another tool to help your consumption. Me I love, love, love food, it began to take over my world, so this was my tool to help with that. This is a decission that only you can make. Good luck! (I did mine in Mexico and it was easy)!

Anyone who thinks this is the "easy way" doesn't know anyone who has had bariatric surgery. I'll be two months post-op in about a week and every single day is JUST as much work as every diet I've ever been on. I have to track my food... I have to exercise... I have to be thoughtful about what I eat. Plus there are all the downsides of having to undergo a major surgery, miss work, pay thousands of dollars (I was self-pay in Mexico too), and not being able to eat like a "normal" person when I go out or attend social occasions. And I'm one of the lucky ones who hasn't experienced nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, Constipation, or excessive gas (past the first couple of weeks). I also haven't had any changes to my senses of smell or taste like some people do.

So, take it from someone who has yoyo dieted her entire 35 years of life, there is NOTHING easy about this! But, if I had it to do over again, I would still make the same choice, because I am confident that THIS time when I lose the weight, I won't be gaining it all back in a year.

U do what is best for you and is going to make you happy and feel good. I went to a support group meeting a couple of nights ago and trust me if i didn't know before i truly know now it is NOT the easy way out. It will affect you for the rest of your life. Getting sleeved November 11.