Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@JustWatchMe

don't knock it just yet.....could be a hot new look...... :P

hahahaha, hella funny!

Thanks! I was just about to write a post asking about this!

@@BigGirlPanties have you found it to fade stretch marks? If so, I'll buy a truckload and marinate in it every day!

your comments are making me cry laughing!!!

I can't believe I'm going to do this, but I'm going to post a pic of myself 11 months out from wls as an update. I can remember being a newbie and the whole "loose skin" and "hair loss" thing used to freak me out. You can scroll above to read my starting stats if you're interested. Consider me an experiment if you will. I'm a middle aged woman in my 40's who has had two huge babies. I am down 90 pounds from my heaviest. I spent the majority of my adult lifetime is the 160-170 pound range until I gained weight after having children. I spent maybe 10 years weighing over 200 pounds. My weight at my heaviest was 241. I weighed 226 the day of my April 2014 surgery and today I weigh 152. My surgeon's goal weight for me was 160. My goal weight is 140-145.

My skin on my tummy is horrific. I have stretch marks from two pregnancies. When I bend over I look like I could welp a litter. Upright, it isn't too bad. Nothing a Tummy Tuck won't repair if I decide to go down that route one day. I have virtually zero skin hanging from my arms. Some is on my thighs.

So what did I do from the list above? Not much. Yes, I drink Water. Probably never the amount I should. I'm active, but I just started "exercising" this month 11 months post wls. I've never lifted weights. post-203485-14267757004459_thumb.jpgI hate the feel of lotion. It feels slimy to me so I've never used it. I have always used a loofa sponge and moisturizing shower cream everyday for years ("Nivea happiness" if you want specifics!). I also lost my weight realllllllly slow. I think this was a huge one. I remember reading that every time you lose weight, it takes your skin 2-3 months to adjust. I totally agree. There would be times the skin on my thighs would look horrific and then a few months later would snap into place.

I think genetics and how many years you spent overweight probably play the biggest factor. There are some warning signs that you may experience loose skin post wls. I carried the majority of my weight in my mid-section, so it doesn't surprise me this is where most of my excess skin now is. If you have pockets of fat that begin right above your elbows, you will likely have bat wings. I have learned that this journey also includes us learning to accept our new bodies. Because I have a memory of being in shape from before, I find myself being even more critical of myself and my imperfections at times. It's a process and everyday I learn to love and accept the new me a little more. Most people post pictures of themselves fully clothed on this site and I always wonder what's lurking underneath. So here I am. Be kind.

Edited by Bluesea71

@@Bluesea71 Omg you're gorgeous!!! Seriously this post inspired me today. I doubted if I could get to my goal weight and now I want to get there so much!

You look GREAT. Thank you so much for posting.

Edited by JustWatchMe

You look awesome! Congratulations :)

I find this interesting, that you mentioned two things that I am knowledgeable with. Coconut oil and good quality soap.

I make soap and body butters. Both contain coconut oil, essential oils, and can also contain almond, avocado, EVOO, apricot oil, and Argon oil depending on what formulation I use.

Handcrafted soap is awesome.