Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Advice needed- sleeved 10/21/14

it's very hard in the first couple of days to get stuff down, it does get better. In my first 3 days the hospital had me so over medicated all I did was throw up in the hospital, it wasn't until I got home to where I could actually start taking in liquids. very little sips to begin with, some broth helps, Water...popcicles (Sugar free). It will get better!

I hope you start feeling better soon! it's totally worth it!

too soon to feel regrets! :) you have just had major surgery, and you need to allow yourself time to heal. keep reading people's stories. and, you may want to join one of the threads that are just for October sleevers, they'll all be in similar places to you. search for OCTOBER in FORUMS

I see you are at the "what the F did I do to myself" stage. Many of us go through this. I wish I could tell you that on day 4 you will feel all better, but you probably won't. I'm at week

5 and I still have days where I think it would be much easier to just deal with being fat...and others, like today, where I can get into a smaller size pants when I realize it was all worth it. Hang in there, you are not alone !

It is too soon for regret.. the first week was the hardest for me. I couldnt even get in 1/2 what my doc said... i just tried to do better the next day even if its just an OZ of Water more.

On day 4 i was "WTF did i do!!!" but i woke up on day 5 and knew it was going to be ok... 10 months later i am down 105lbs & feel better then i have felt in 2 decades!

it will be ok, just go slow, let you body heal... Hope your feeling better soon!!

I could take in anything for a week except Popsicles ... Everything hurt going down... I knew it was from having surgery so it didn't bother me... Your body is healing ...I am now eight weeks out and life is good . Hang in there. Each day will get better . I didn't believe people when they wrote this to me .. Now I get it. Rest and take care of yourself .

I could take in anything for a week except Popsicles ... Everything hurt going down... I knew it was from having surgery so it didn't bother me... Your body is healing ...I am now eight weeks out and life is good . Hang in there. Each day will get better . I didn't believe people when they wrote this to me .. Now I get it. Rest and take care of yourself .

Do you still feel pain when you drink or eat? Does that feeling ever subside?

I finally felt normal about 3-4 months out. But I would not trade any minute of the whole thing because the results are more than worth it! Just be patient and know a few weeks or even months of unpleasantness is nothing compared to the wonderfullness of the rest of your life.

Totally normal. Deep breaths.... this is a long term aporoach.

I agree with everyone else but the most important thing I can say is keep drinking all day long. Even being able to drink normal I got dehydrated. My doctor pointed out the warning signs and I stepped up the fluids.

You will read too many posts about sleevers having to go to the er to get fluids and sometimes hospitalized. The first few days my surgeon could have cared less about Protein or Vitamins. It was to stay hydrated.

Perfectly normal. My doc said don't worry about fluids the first few days... Just do the best you can. Swelling makes it tough. The first week is a bear! Relax and do your best. Don't fret. Sleep!

Fearfully, all pain will eventually go away. The only exception to that is if you eat way too much. Then you will hurt and throw up. But your tummy gives you plenty of warning before that as long as you are not wolfing down food. I promise, you are going to feel much better. At 8 weeks, you are going to feel like a new person.

Try some warm tea. It was the only thing I drank for the first week.

Try some warm tea. It was the only thing I drank for the first week.

Heck, I'm 2 months tomorrow and I still live on hot herbal tea :)