Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I posted once before about feeling like I'm missing the full signal and I was told since I'm on liquids, I probably wouldn't feel it. My diet has since progressed to more solid foods and I was just wondering what signs people experience when they get the full signal. I'm terrified of over doing it. I just ate some canned chicken and aside from some constant gurgling up through my throat, I have nothing else to go off of. Opinions please.

When I get a tupperware burp, I quit. Sometimes hiccups, and oddly sneezing.

My 1st sign I'm getting full is a feeling of bubbles moving around the food in my stomach, if I go past that stage (and eat a little more), I'll get this poking sensation where my throat and stomach meet - not a good feeling. I've only gone past the pokey threshold once, and I got this very painful tight feeling in my stomach. I quickly learned to eat slower and pay more attention to my new "full" signals. :-)

My 1st sign I'm getting full is a feeling of bubbles moving around the food in my stomach, if I go past that stage (and eat a little more), I'll get this poking sensation where my throat and stomach meet - not a good feeling. I've only gone past the pokey threshold once, and I got this very painful tight feeling in my stomach. I quickly learned to eat slower and pay more attention to my new "full" signals. :-)

This pokey feeling - do you mean in the low sternum area, like center/low to cage area?

Yes, I get the feelng about halfway up my rib cage. So I assume it's the point where my stomach joins my throat.

Yes, I get the feelng about halfway up my rib cage. So I assume it's the point where my stomach joins my throat.

That's very helpful because I actually feel that now and you're right, so not comfortable. Glad I read your post and quit eating lol. I'd probably be in alotta pain

I haven't felt "tummy full" yet.I stop eating when I feel full in my throat, I guess that's what you would call it, feels like food just sits in my throat.

What's with the sneezing?!? LOL

Since surgery I have random bouts of sneezing over and over and over just random!

Super ODD!

I've heard that but haven't experienced it. I did have the burp/hiccup today as I was eating scrabbled eggs so I quit eating right then and there. As for the throat sensation, I feel gurgles go up through my throat but not a food sensation

I sneeze too...mostly when my stomach is not happy for whatever reason. And I've noticed its a different "full" feeling...more around the top of the stomach, rather than in the belly area. Makes sense I guess.

I have wondered the same...how will I know??? I do get heavy feeling. I burp lots more and have gotten hiccups. I love my sleeve. I feel like my old stomach was a dud. Lol