Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stalling near significant milestone numbers?

YES!!! Way to go! Enjoy the moment, but don't let up. Set your target firmly on your next goal. Congratulations on your entry into Onederland!!!

I made it into onderland but now I am stuck at just 1lb under and it freaks me out incase I pop back up!!

You CAN hold onto that loss @@madwife2002, I know you can! Think of it as a springboard to the next lower number, not to the higher one. I'm finding attitude makes a big difference in this for me, and hope you can enjoy seeing those numbers keep creeping down. I gotta say, I love seeing that on a person's descriptors below the name, and it's downright exciting! Congratulations!

Kate

What do you consider a significant number? I am 7 months out and hit my first major stall. It has been 3 weeks same weight but I have been considering other things like does my body have a memory of weights it has been? I have lost 130 in a year 90 since surgery and am stuck at 218. Here is my thought from age 13-25, I would weigh between 200-230 longest time I had a consistent weight. Does my body think this is normal weight? More than just fighting food, exercise and Water am I fighting something in my own body's wiring?

I keep thinking if I can break this two hundred mark I will then be in unknown area and my body will have to give in. I know might be wishful thinking but I can still hope!! My goal weight is 160-175.

That's a terrific weight loss! Congrats! I happen to think our body somehow stops or stall at places of emotional hurdle or comfort, and it seems a combination of deciding to wait it out and change some things up are what eventually move me along. My change ups are switching to different foods from my standby rut type things, and switching up exercise challenge levels and even amount of calories and fat, within a narrow margin. (Carbs I keep low and Protein high!) I hope you get through this stall soon. Is about lost my mind on this last one and realized I was getting depressed. Just when I got a doc appt and a therapist appt the scale started to move again, so go figure. That's part of my reason for thinking three a definite connection emotionally. Hang in there. You'll start losing again. Enjoy how much better you feel at this weight though. ????

Kate

Edited by katesuccess

My 4 week stall ended with a 7 pound weight loss registered at the Doctors. I told her I didn't believe the weight she said,she printed it out and handed it to me. Wow Happy Day

Edited by MarieMarie

Hey - @@MarieMarie -- that's fantastic! Congratulations!!

You have all been therapy for me to know that I am not alone. I just broke a 3 1/2 week stall and I am so happy. I too am on the brink of a major milestone since I am 2 lbs away from onederland and agree that my mind is playing tricks on me. I know that this is the last year that I will ever be on the 200s and I am excited for the new me in 2015! Reading posts has got me through this tough time.