Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whey protein intolerance

A week before RNY I figured out I am not able to tolerate whey Protein. Nausea and multiple bathroom trips are not the stomach flu after all.

I am lactose intolerant but I drink Lactaid milk without a problem. What am I supposed to eat for Protein shakes. Anyone in the same predicament? Suggestions?

I have been waiting for my NUT to return my call but no luck so far.

most folks who had that problem mentioned the GENEPRO, maybe that?

Ask about taking lactose pills to help with digestion of the whey Protein.

Ask about using Egg White powdered Protein from Jay Robb. It comes in plain, vanilla and chocolate I believe. Has as much protein as the Jay Robb Whey Protein powder which is 23 or 25g of protein per serving.

Harp on your nutritionist until they contact you back and if they don't contact your surgeon's office and let them know what is going on with you. Possibly if they are all connected then they can help you with the nutritionist getting back to you.

Good luck and take care.

I use Isopure powder and drink which is suppose to lactose free and I seem to be tolerating it well. http://www.theisopurecompany.com/en/powders It is available on internet.

Thanks everyone. My tummy hurts but I am glad I figured out why. The Protein shake i am taking for pre-surgery diet is Premier and it is lactose free. However, it is a no go. I would wake up every morning feeling a little better but two hours past my shake at noon and it was horrible. Honestly I thought I had a stomach bug and was beginning to think I would have to reschedule surgery.

costco sells a product called Orgain. They have the Creamy chocolate Fudge flavor. It is an organic plant based Protein Powder with 21 grams of Protein per serving. Costco price is $29.99 for 2.74 lb container. Orgain is also available on Amazon. The GENEPRO product is also good.post-236340-14140727832477_thumb.jpg

Im only 2 weeks post op and find not much effects me. Once I eat my whole 2 oz's of mush (puree diet) I have trouble getting any more fluids in later. I absolutely hate the protien shakes now my taste buds change. I look at what else is giving me Protein. I have found baby bell and laughing cow cheese, and such helps add to the daily total. I am going to slow;ey make myself get used to whey protein as its not a option. You may try cocoa powder and non fat Creamers. Again I dont know much about dairy intolerance. I have been tasting things since the operation to see what works. You hang in there and let us know what works for you.