Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What can I eat for dinner ?

I need some help ... I gave not been eating dinner... Breakfast I eat egg whites ... lunch cottage cheese or egg salad ... No bread... Everything I eat for dinner I can't keep down .. chicken is the worst... Salad dies not agree with me ... I have not tried any meat. I don't want to spend the rest of my life eating eggs for dinner. Any suggestions would be helpful.

How far out are you? Are you at solid foods?

I ate/eat a lot of Beans. Refried pinto or black with cheese. If I am feeling fancy, I add guacamole. Crab legs and crab cakes were an easy food for me at first. Shrimp was a bit hard but if I chopped it into seafood salad, it was great.

Browned crumbled ground beef was great, with Tomato sauce and cheese. I could eat chicken salad or tuna if it was mashed to death.

Think about Soups, too. Bisque is yummy as is chili and beef stew. I love white chicken chili and ham and bean Soup. The only thing I like about the colder weather is all the Soups on their way.

Meatloaf is good, meatballs are good. I only use 85/15 now as dry meat gags me. Salsbury steak with onions. YUM.

It took me about 8 months before I could eat "whole" chicken and even now at 17 months, I still have trouble with it at times. I can chop it, add a lot of gravy and it's better.

Teeny bites and eat slow. I have a stricture so I was really slow to move to each stage and I still vomit from time to time. It's all in how fast I eat and how big my bite is.

How far post op are you? And what are the recommendations by your doc right now?

Soups saved me during soft/purée and mechanical soft diet.

Soup (chili with cheese and sour cream, OH EM GEE), Broccoli cheese soup was good, too. A Protein shake is calories and Protein, that's all you need. It doesn't have to be fancy, just sustenance to stoke the fire your body needs to run on. Some cheese, yogurt.......more cottage cheese.... I mean... it just has to be food.

Generally not being able to keep food down may be a sign of a swollen sleeve. Use kid gloves and keep it soft and liquid and make sure you don't dehydrate. A lot of people can't handle white meat chicken. Try dark. Or wait on chicken, it's not required to eat it.

Also...There are also many forms of protein that aren't meat.

Grilled Salmon is ok. Have to chew the daylights out of it but sure tastes good with grilled squash or broccoli. One prepackaged piece is easy 2 meals so make extra veggies.