Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Full Liquids - am I blowing it already? Eating too fast?

Hey Everyone,

I'm 7 days post op. feel good! Been walking almost every day. 1 to 2 miles. And over all really good. Even questioning if they even did the surgery because I feel good lol.

My doctor wants me to do the 30 ccs every 15 minutes, but I just can't do that. I feel really good and it drives me crazy to eat like that. Instead I have been listening to my sleeve. I eat 5 times a day and nothing more than cup of full liquid at a time and get the rest of my liquids in with Water.

So I've been really wanting flavor. First few days I did great with some butternut squash Soup, beef broth, chicken broth, a homemade cream of mushroom Soup, and a liquid blended cream of chicken. And all very satisfying. Yesterday I went to the store and got different progressive light and campbells heart healthy Soups. I add a bit of liquid to them and blend in my ninja blender until it's all liquid. Is that wrong? I see so many people on these boards suffer with full liquids and can't wait for flavor. Also make a double milk (mootopia and 1/3 cup of powder milk which = 20 grams of protein) and mix in with my Soups. So I'm also getting my Proteins in with my soups.

Also. I found I can eat a pudding cup and Jello cup in about 15 minutes. Is that too fast?

I feel good, and I don't want to over due anything.

and a stupid side note ... I have been weighing myself every day. I KNOW I KNOW !! I see you through the monitor shaking your head tell me to stop that :P I was losing 2 lbs a day. I ate a soup yesterday from the store and now I haven't lost any today. An early stall ? my body adjusting? Oh hell.. I know this is crazy. I'm going to lose the weight if I'm dong the right things.. why do I feel compelled to weigh every day. Never mind.. I'm just being a typical crazy person on a weight loss journey LOL

Thanks Everyone !!

Soup has alot of sodium in it. It's probably Water weight. I used to eat soup alot and now it's a very rare meal where I partake. We tend to think calorically, but we need to think about the sodium content as well. Good luck on your WL journey and yes...stay off the scale!

Congratulations on making this journey. It will be one of the most amazing times of adventure and discovery how amazing your body truly is. First off with the pudding cups, I would be very careful of eating the whole thing in 15 minutes. Try to take it in over 20 or 30. To help with this I highly recommend eating with a baby spoon. I know it sounds rediculous, but it will keep you from taking too big a bite and hurting your stomach that way, but it will also slow down your eating. When eating with this spoon I also highly recommend setting the spoon down between bites.

It sounds like for the most part with the liquid your are on the right track. The best I can offer is to keep at it. The 1 0z shot glass ever 8 minutes was my goal and my life revolved around what I was drinking for weeks afterwards. I know it is super frustrating now, but it does get better as your stomach expands slightly and you are able to take on more and more liquid at a time you wont have to be constantly drinking to get the same amount.

At this stage you could probably also start eating things like highly whipped regular or sweet potatos and others. You could even try things like pureed Beans or cauliflower. I have a ton of reciped I came up with during this stage if you are interested. I even have a recipe for Protein fruit Sorbet on my blog that is similar to the Dole Whip that is so popular at Disney Parks.

Great job on staying active. I know the scale is the go to benchmark right now, but you need to try and only look once a week. Believe me, I know this is hard, but your body is going through some insane changes and your weight will fluctuate. There will be days when you don't lose anything and you feel like you could take on the world and there will be days where you feel like crap and lose 5. Your body is going to be going through so many crazy changes it can't keep up with itself. Don't try to fixate on the scale. I recommend using "Goal Clothes." Clothes that don't quit fit and then when you are having a rough day try them on. You will notice each time it will get closer and closer to fitting until ultimately you are down a whole size and can wear the crap out of it.

Best of luck, I hope this helps, and if you have any additional questions let me know.

@@chellede Your doing well. Don't stress it, you are going to lose and you are not that far out from the surgery date. TOM and sodium and 101 other things can cause weight gain on a scale. You could go the gym and have some lactic acid in your muscles and see a bit of gain so don't weigh ever single day. Once a week maybe hide the scale all the other days.

Try to stick with what your doc told you so that your compliant and keeping your pouch at the right size. Take your time to eat what ever it is and enjoy the aroma, texture and flavor of the food.

Keep up the good work!

So I had the gastric sleeve on 10/29 and I'm confused as to what I can and can't have . I'm on full liquids until the 12th when I can start puréed. I've been having Jello pudding and yogurt what else can I have that's safe?

The recipe for the Protein sorbet like the toke whip sounds good! Can I have they now and if so is it hard to make?

I've been craving bananas. Can I have like a Greek yogurt mixed w a little milk and banana in a blender?!