Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my date (November 19, 2014). So excited. ???? I have even stated getting ready for the 2 weeks liquid diet. During the day I've been drinking the Protein Drinks along with all types of liquids, like broth, Jello and ice pops. I eat dinner when I get home. Then 2 days last week I went the entire day liquids. I did good. My family helped by cooking dinner, I went into my bed room ????. This test really helped me. The thought of going cold turkey all at once was causing me stress. I lost 10 pds already. I even thought of not doing the surgery but I know the 10 pds won't stay off if I don't get the lap ban. I took the 10 pd loss as a sign that I am ready for this and I can do it.

Lisa

Congrats Lisa. I'm scheduled for November 4th. I just started my pre op diet. Man do I hate those shakes. I tried putting the powder in a coffee with lots of milk so it wasn't so sweet. Good luck!

Hi there, congratulations! I am a November Bander from last year. So happy with everything that has transpired. @@Ldimples I started cleansing early, too -- was so thrilled to get the ball rolling. Pre-op was the first time I dropped pounds that I knew for sure I'd never see again. @@briefs199 I hated the sweet shakes, too -- went for another kind and had to clear it with the nutritionist. A lot of rigamorole but my pre-op liquid diet was two weeks and I knew I couldn't be on the crappy shakes they provided for that. I don't do artificial sweeteners, for one thing. Lemon Water, etc. great for cleaning the liver. Exciting times ahead! Oh, one thing -- I was really glad I stepped up my exercise pre-op -- didn't want to but I did it. Just walked more and as I approached surgery that helped me blow off steam plus gave me something to step into right after surgery. Pretty sure that helped kick my body right into healing mode, and shedding. I filled my pain med script but didnt need it -- walked instead.

@@briefs199 I used a product called Thorne Mediclea for liver cleansing -- and also Garden of Life shakes, but I have always been an alternative medicine type.....

November 12 for me. im not on a liquid diet(except for Protein Shakes for breakfast) for pre op but I plan on busting out my juicer for the last 9 days. I'd like to lose whatever I can to make the surgery that much easier for the doc

I am going to start a new thread for November 2014 surgeries. Please join. I want to keep in touch and be support for each other. Ldimples.

Nov 19th is my date. I am starting liquid diet tomorrow ????. I am ready, I have been practicing for weeks now. What I mean by practicing it is I have gone a few days without eating ( liquids only) just to see how I feel. The first day I did get a really bad headache but after that the headache went away. I did that a few times and so I think I'm really ready for the full 2 weeks. Already lost 8pds. I will be cooking for the week for my family. Big pot of chiili, spaghetti sauce, and stew. I will label everything and they are set. We had a family meeting because I need their support. The 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after are the hardest. I am determined to do this. I am nervous and scared but I am also very excited.

Now that I have finish planning and have nothing but my thoughts I am feeling a little depressed. Not sure why, but while I was running around trying to make sure that everything was set for my family, I didn't have to really think about much. But now everything is done and I feel like focusing on myself is making me depressed. I saw a woman at my job yesterday eating a bag of chips and I thought to myself I'm going to miss some salt vinegar chips. I'm scared, I'm scared of not being able to eat the foods I want to eat, I'm scared of the pain after the surgery, i'm scared of something going wrong during the surgery, I'm scared of not being successful. Having second thoughts. Just woke up feeling like I wanted to cry. Not to mention I am hungry and I don't feel well.

Thanks for listening.

OMG, all the commercials on TV are about food, McDonald's, Burger King, Italian food, everything is about food. It looks so good, going on day five of the liquid diet. ????

I struggled this weekends, it was really hard. I do better during the week because I'm at work and I'm very busy. To make things worse I have been sick. I just got finish telling myself you can do this, so I got up and got a Protein Drink. I want a bag of chips so bad right now. It is a mind thing. If I get to hungry, I have been eating eggs or broth with white chicken meat in it. In my house Sunday is Pasta night, this was the worse night yet. I love, no, I am addicted to pasta. ????. Not being able to eat pasta last night made me very depressed ????. It even made me rethink about having the procedure. I went to my room closed the door and I survived. 10 more days, seems so long. I have lost 15 pounds already.

Edited by Ldimples

Weekends are hard because there is little structure to the day. If I was at work it's easier because I was busy etc.

Hi, I am brand spanking new here, but my surgery date is set for Nov 17th - one week from today, ack! and the thing is, I just met my surgeon this past week (Thurs) so I don't even have 2 weeks to do the 2 week pre-op diet! Which I am sure is fine, but I am really nervous, too. I really, really want this to work. Hang in there, though. You can do it!