Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 3 weeks post opp and doing well on my weight loss, exercising and eating right. I'm down 27 lbs from start of preop 5 weeks ago. It's not major progress, but I'm excited. My question is... I'm a teacher and a mom of a 2 1/2 year old. How in the world do I keep up with kids all day in school and then my little one at home (along with other reaponsibilities with our home)?! Does anyone have any advice or encouragement. I know caffeine is a NO, NO. I've been off it for 3 months now. HELP!!! I'm not discouraged or giving up, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

I too have this same issue. Now 4 weeks out from post op and back at work. It takes everything within me to stay awake, let alone focus. And I concerned over the amount of time I sit in trafic (2 hrs a day), while being this way; just not safe. Im down by 25 pounds, I love this part. If any one has any helpful ideas it would be great.

I'm following this topic. I'm only a week into my 2 week liquid diet pre-op, and I find that days I work (12 hour shifts as a nurse), I am so tired and wiped out! There's got to be something!

I am a teacher too and surgery is scheduled for Nov. 24- thanksgiving break. We only have 3 weeks after until Christmas break. I'm really considering staying home until January.

B12?

My energy clicked in after 3 months. I have energy like I haven't had in 27+ years. I also deal with fibromyalgia and the weight loss has been the answer. It is a miracle! Your energy will come and be even better!!

I am 5 weeks today and just. Getting my energy

I am 5 weeks today and just. Getting my energy

. I am still going to bed early, and my house is messy, pikes if laundry.. Etc..

Just do the necessities now, nothing extra. Work, kids, bed. Ur energy will come back????

I have no suggestions as to how to improve this, other than time. It took me about 6 weeks to feel back to normal. My energy levels went up when I was released to a full diet!

Susan

Thanks so much for all your replies. I need to just hang in there. I will look into B12, but still have to crush pills or have liquid medications. I'm just not sure it comes in those forms. I can check tho.

B12 comes in a sublingual. It dissolves under the tongue. post-95204-1413944885556_thumb.jpg

Susan

Ohhhh that's right... Great suggestion. Thanks

B12 also come in a liquid form, I bought mine at CVS.

You should try taking B12 shots once or twice per week. I take it like that and have alot of energy. What your body doesn't use from the shots your body will flush it out.

I am post-op Day 13 and have not really noticed a problem with lack of energy. I have been taking a sublingual B12 every day since I came home from the hospital....maybe that really does the trick. Definitely give them a try