Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Business

I'm not even sure who to contact, but I was thinking...wouldn't it be a great idea to have bariatric size meals ready to go for people.

When I went to the grocery store, even a lean cuisine or Atkins meal is just too much to eat.

Who would want to venture into a business doing frozen and fresh meals and Snacks for wls patients?

Does anyone know how to go about this and who to contact?

It would be great to have small portion sizes or even 2-3 portions in a box that are separated. It would have to be great tasting food and many varieties! I for one don't eat red meat or pork so using ground turkey and chicken would be ideal for me. I know others eat meat so having thinks like a regular chili and a turkey chili and a vegetarian option would be awesome.

Anyways this is an idea that I'm floating around because regular food is just too much.

Sounds like a good idea!

I love that idea. Right now I will sometimes take an Amy's meal to work and eat like 1/3 to 1/2 of it depending on how hungry I am. When I was on the pureed food diet I would always make a regular portion or two and then divide it up into little tupperwear cups to be warmed up later. Not nearly as interesting as being able to purchase meals direct, but a start. You may try coming up with a sales pitch and presenting to several of the bariatric food sites or Protein Shake companies as a new startup idea. Just some thoughts. If you ever want to talk about it more or strategize, let me know. I used to work as a chef for Walt Disney World in another life. Figuring out how to have amazing tastes and the things I loved while making them bariatric friendly was so much fun for me post surgery. My nutritionist always loved the recipies I sent her.

I love that idea. Right now I will sometimes take an Amy's meal to work and eat like 1/3 to 1/2 of it depending on how hungry I am. When I was on the pureed food diet I would always make a regular portion or two and then divide it up into little tupperwear cups to be warmed up later. Not nearly as interesting as being able to purchase meals direct, but a start. You may try coming up with a sales pitch and presenting to several of the bariatric food sites or Protein shake companies as a new startup idea. Just some thoughts. If you ever want to talk about it more or strategize, let me know. I used to work as a chef for Walt Disney World in another life. Figuring out how to have amazing tastes and the things I loved while making them bariatric friendly was so much fun for me post surgery. My nutritionist always loved the recipies I sent her.

We should totally chat about it! I was reading how more than 200,000 people are having bariatric surgery each year! That's a lot of tiny bellys to fill! I hate wasting food and having things in smaller quantities would be nice.

I would want to cover all the bases...wonton wrapper pizza, and other italian food...it would be nice to have a baked chicken Parmesan with amazing flavor and some zucchini or spaghetti squash on the side.

Mexican wonton tacos, or even precooked taco meat so all you have to do is heat the portion. Chili is another great food!

More food ideas...off the top of my head..we can always add more! I'm picky so I'm thinking of good food I know my family likes with me ????

Soups/stews

Tortilla Soup

Minestrone

chicken noodle

Hamburger stew

Turkey burger stew

Beef chili

Turkey chili

Veg chili

Entrees (some would need to be baked or could even be grilled)

Regular meatballs w/sauce and veg

Turkey meatball w/sauce and veg

Halibut and veg (no cheap gross fish lol)

Cajun halibut and veg

Breakfast

Protein crepe and egg

Scrambled eggs and bacon or sausage

Scrambled eggs and turkey bacon or sausage

Protein waffle (toaster) and egg

Cheese/veggie/meat omelets

Greek Yogurt Parfaits low sugar with fruit

I just have a ton of foods wracking my brain!!!

I would totally buy this. Perhaps online in a subscription service would work?

I'm a business consultant. I help people start companies, website designing, grants, business plans, marketing, etc....

I would love to help.

i'm totally interested, and very good at entrepreneurial adventures. i think it's a fabulous idea!

Hope the packaging can be minimal...saving the planet one small meal at a time. Also, I wouldn't pay regular prices for a bari-sized meal.....just saying ;-) but this sounds like an amazing idea...I've daydream about a paleo bariatric friendly tapas style restaurant....

With all the suggestions I would suggest you cook your own meals. If you cook yourself you know 100% what is in the food you are eating. On line you can find recipes for anything. You can always change the recipe to suit your individual needs. Eating out probably helped in putting on the weight. Time for a change.

@@stanpry, no doubt that cooking at home is healthier in many ways...

but as an active working woman, previously a single mom, i can guarantee that there will be people who would prefer to purchase ready made food.

@@stanpry, no doubt that cooking at home is healthier in many ways...

but as an active working woman, previously a single mom, i can guarantee that there will be people who would prefer to purchase ready made food.

That is why I was thinking of this! We are an on the go society and many of us don't have all day to prepare meals or even do those plan ahead frozen meals.

Of course they wouldn't Beas expensive as regular lean cuisines or ww meals since they would be smaller!

Minimal packaging is always great and I'm hoping it would all recycle! I think most of what we buy now is recyclable

While working on my MBA, I worked on a project to help a gentleman package and sell his chili.

Sounds like an interesting project. I'd be happy to help explore this idea.

You have a great idea! My suggestion is to make sure the meals are made with quality, organic ingredients and no artificial chemicals or colors. Bariatric surgery patients need to make sure every bite is the best thing they can eat and every bite counts. I think the idea is definitely worth perusing and researching further! Good luck and let us know when your meals are available for purchase!

You have a great idea! My suggestion is to make sure the meals are made with quality, organic ingredients and no artificial chemicals or colors. Bariatric surgery patients need to make sure every bite is the best thing they can eat and every bite counts. I think the idea is definitely worth perusing and researching further! Good luck and let us know when your meals are available for purchase!

I only use organic/hormone free meats when I cook. I love organic veggies and fruits too. So much more flavor!

I wouldn't use chemicals. I know we need to make use of every tiny bit of our sleeves (or rny/band pouches)! I wouldn't want to fill them up with bad stuff!

I was thinking that modern food products are so marketed and branded and usually are over packaged. Recyclable is good. Less is better....