Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This freaking Standstill

76 pounds is great. Congratulations!

Word!

I'm right there with you...surgery on April 21st...lost regularly & then September slowed down & October has only been 3 pounds....quite frustrated & am trying different things but haven't figured out my issue yet. If you find it please share ;)

Congrats on the weight loss. As for the stall, as long as you are following Dr's orders, this shall pass. I would have weeks with no movement on the scale, but sure enough, it would start going down again. This was my pattern throughout my WL but I'm happy to say, 20 months out, I am at goal and maintaining.

Susan

During WL I probably stayed around 800-1000. At one year check up with Nut, she suggested I get it up to 1200, since I was at goal. I kept losing at 1200, so now I shoot for 1500, sometimes more. I eat whatever I want, meaning I don't count carbs but I do count Protein, usually get around 70 grams a day. I could probably get more protein within my 1500 calories if I eliminated more carbs, but that wouldn't be as satisfying to me.

Susan

I keep hitting stalls too - sleeved April 29 and have lost 75 lbs since surgery - and what i'm finding is that my stalls break when I mix up my food intake a bit. Sometimes that means going up from 650 calories to 750 or 800, or eating a food I'm not normally eating, or shifting and taking a hike (or a day off!) instead of my usual gym-alternating-with-jogging routine. Also if I really look over the food i've been eating, I often notice i'm not having enough of the healthy fats I need, so will add some avocado or evoo to my diet somewhere. Good luck on breaking your stall!

I've been bouncing between 201.5 and 202.5 for nearly 10 days now, and it's making me frustrated too! I suspect there's also some psychological stuff going on in breaking that 200 barrier as well though.

Hi everyone. I've been snacking and sure enough I am 4 lbs. Heavier. I can bearly eat anything at meals, but have been eating a lot of yogurt. I bought Desserts and I'm ashamed. Do any of you know of anyone who has done this. I had lost 31 lbs. In 1 month and I was so proud. I know what the weight gain is from, but I am constipated, too. I did not have this surgery, just to gain 4 lbs.back. I'm so sad. I was doing so well. I'm so sorry to whine. Will I be okay???

Don't be sooo hard on yourself at least you know where it came from I'm battling the same Constipation issues as well so if you know how to solve that let me know the only thing I've been doing is taking milk of magnesia but I've had to cut some of my snacking out I had to give up my almonds found myself eating toooo many of them I know I can't just eat a few do I've gave them up all together hope this helps!!!:)