Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers....whatcha eat in' now?

I still rely on a Premier Protein shake daily to get Protein in. I have had Soups, cheese, eggs, avocado, yogurt, canned tuna and fish, applesauce, and baked chicken. Yogurt goes down too easily. I can eat a normal serving. I can easily eat a half cup of loosely packed chicken of tuna. Just wondering what others are eating and how much? I am 4 weeks post up tomorrow. Trying hard to get Water in.

I still have two shakes a day for protein.I mainly eat tuna with mayo, and refried Beans with cheese. I have had everything you mentioned. I can eat the whole can of tuna at one sitting.ill be 4 weeks tomorrow.

I am 6 weeks on Wed. Trying to get most of my Protein via food. Turkey works well (deli and ground), cheese, tuna, and eggs mostly. Have had baked chicken once. Tried ground sirloin, did not work so avoiding beef and also have not tried pork. Actually, my main food addictions were meats and sugar. Now anything sweet tastes awful and meats also are unappealing. I may end up a vegetarian yet as the things that taste best to me are different types of Beans and cheese. The good news is my A1C and cholesterol are way down so that's a huge win. I am able to sleep without my cpap, am down a size or 2 depending on the clothes, and can walk distances that made my back hurt previously. So having some foods taste bad is a price I will pay happily although I was very frustrated by it initially. Oh, and not sure of total weight loss as I only weigh at the doctors but I think it's around 40 lbs counting my 2 week pre-op. All in all, still learning and adjusting, but feel I am ahead of the curve and on the right road now.

I am about 45 days out and I am a complete anomaly to my doctor! I am having difficulty getting in enough Protein daily as I can't eat most of the things I should be able too. It's awkward and frustrating.

Anything with a Protein additive makes me super sick BLAH and everything "good" gives me issues while everything bad is easy.

I feel like I'm carrying an entire community uphill ...In a snow storm!

Ivory... Sounds awful for you. Hope you find the right mix soon. I am sure it is hard to stay positive when feeling crummy. Cheers to better days ahead!

;) it's a mess! Thankfully my doctor was nice enough to keep me off work during the process it has helped me to gather my wits I can't imagine being at work and not able to find food that works.

When I eat.....I can do 1 scrambled egg....or a premier Protein chocolate drink. For dinner I can do salmon or sea bass ....with about 2 tbs of veggies. I can't eat more than 3 oz at a time. The more dense the Protein the less I can eat. I have my days where i can get in my Water and those when I can't. The biggest problem for me is that I'm never hungry so I have to force myself to eat. I also hate that I can't take a sip here and there while I eat....very frustrating.

I have gone out to eat a few times and just order Soup. I have not been anywhere yet where there is a good Protein based soup like chili or bean or lentil so have had French onion, vegetable, and potato bacon. None are the best choices but were the best I could make at the time. At Red Lobster, ordered shrimp cocktail but could only eat three of the six, and it was not all that great.

Had another moment when I "had" to meet at McDonalds. Ordered oatmeal and could eat half. I think, if I add unflavored Protein Powder, this might be an easy meal for me on the road if I have to stop and take a break.

I made some couscous with spinach and omg it was so good and I could eat it problem free! I think by George I found another go to food!

I mix ground turkey with cottage cheese and a bit of marinara. Lasagna without the Pasta. Works pretty well!

Hi,

I was sleeved Sept 24th and am struggling with the soft food stage. I can eat cheese (string) with no problems, most Soups, oatmeal (but only about 2oz), small tiny bites of grilled chicken and potato (again 2oz). I cannot eat eggs, Peanut Butter or tuna. Both things I loved before but get sick immediately and vomit. I can eat some yogurts but some can cause instant nausea, depends on the day I guess. Milk in general is a no no.

I can eat crackers if I let them dissolve in my mouth completely...they help with the salt craving and the texture craving.

I am going to go back a couple steps and get back into Soups and watery oatmeal for mornings.

I get my Protein daily but only because I add my unflavored mix to everything I do eat.

I do drink lots and lots of Water.

I am getting tons of slime, even after eating even the things that I can handle so I am asking my doc about going back on Levsin to calm my tummy back down.

My husband had the sleeve two years ago and can eat sugar with no problem. I can NOT eat sugar without an immediate dumping. I get nauseated, cramp, break out into a sweat and feel horrible. So I am checking labels like crazy now.

Cheers to all you sleevers...it is a huge struggle to eat!

J

Hi,

I was sleeved Sept 24th and am struggling with the soft food stage. I can eat cheese (string) with no problems, most Soups, oatmeal (but only about 2oz), small tiny bites of grilled chicken and potato (again 2oz). I cannot eat eggs, Peanut Butter or tuna. Both things I loved before but get sick immediately and vomit. I can eat some yogurts but some can cause instant nausea, depends on the day I guess. Milk in general is a no no.

I can eat crackers if I let them dissolve in my mouth completely...they help with the salt craving and the texture craving.

I am going to go back a couple steps and get back into soups and watery oatmeal for mornings.

I get my Protein daily but only because I add my unflavored mix to everything I do eat.

I do drink lots and lots of Water.

I am getting tons of slime, even after eating even the things that I can handle so I am asking my doc about going back on Levsin to calm my tummy back down.

My husband had the sleeve two years ago and can eat sugar with no problem. I can NOT eat sugar without an immediate dumping. I get nauseated, cramp, break out into a sweat and feel horrible. So I am checking labels like crazy now.

Cheers to all you sleevers...it is a huge struggle to eat!

J

There is a recipes forum here. I believe it is under general weight loss and has lots of suggestions for soft phase.

I can eat eggs, ground beef, tuna, cottage cheese, etc. I cannot eat bread in any form. I tried a little toast and was in pain. I tried flatbread and it was awful. Does anyone else get pain in their chest and back if they eat something that doesn't agree with them? After a tiny piece of flatbread, I was in pain for like 3 hours.

I'm on a regular diet now but still have problems with chicken, tuna, and eggs.

7 weeks out tomorrow, so I have no restrictions.

I've been eating a lot of deli meats and cheeses, boiled or scrambled eggs, egg salad, tuna salad, grilled chicken eaten with some kind of sauce or dip to add moisture, meatballs with red sauce, grilled hamburger patty with marinara or brown gravy, shredded beef taco meat, shredded briskit taco meat (both with salsa or a little queso dip), plus twice I've had 2 or 3 roasted almonds.

ETA: Oh just remembered several times I have had sarimi which is the imitation crab meat that they sell at the grocery store. It's actually a mixture of fish and crab. Really tasty and very good Protein. I have eaten plain or with either cocktail sauce or mayo.< /p>

Edited by woo woo