Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 years post op and I have created my dream life....you can too.

Hi everyone....I'm back....some of you might remember that I wrote a blog every Sunday that followed my weight loss journey for the first year.....like all of you, it was a huge year of transition for me.

But even I couldn't imagine how vibrant and incredible and amazing my life would be 3 years later and it would never have happened without WLS.

I have created a dream life that works for me (trust me, it would not work for 90% of the readers here in my opinion). But I have decided to start writing my blog again in hopes of inspiring people to have the courage to create and design their own dream life.

So if you are new to the forum and want to read what it was like during the first year after surgery, or you are a veteran, and especially if you are older, 40's, 50,s, 60,s, I'm here to tell you it is not too late! Tomorrow I turn 61 and I am the happiest I have ever been in my life.....just click on the link below.....and happy reading!

To read my most recent post (just posted today) just go to www.queenofcrop.com If you are interested in reading about my first year, just follow the link below.

Thanks so much for sharing your journey! I started reading your blog and I want to be you when I grow up ! I am 50, pre-op, on the verge of getting my surgery date and eager to get my life back.

Queen, I am thrilled to hear this news. I've been wishing you would start up the blog again. I read your blog before surgery and then reread the whole thing again when I returned from the hospital after VSG surgery. It was like reading a favorite fairy tale with the happy ending.

Next time we come to Amsterdam, I'd love to meet you.

In the meantime, I bet we can handle anything you want to throw at us. :)

I too am thrilled. I loved your blog and have read it twice too! Once over a year ago and once last month. Super excited! :)

Glad you're still around. People who have as much time as you and me need to stick around. People always wonder how it will be later on down the road.

There aren't many people who stick around to share, after they have been sleeved about a year.

I envy your life!

Thanks Oregon Daisy....no one has had the staying power here like you have....maybe Miss Diva.....but yes, I do think it's important that a few of us continue on the path where it all started....for me, it keeps me honest and motivated. And I do hope your life is good....no, I hope it's fabulous! If not, perhaps I can encourage you to make some decisions to help you make it even better.....

Today is my 61st BD and I am so happy.....I woke up to so many lovely comments on my blog which made me feel really encouraged. Then I went to the gym, had a few calls from friends....then my husband and I rode our bikes downtown to a gorgeous, classy lingerie shop where he bought me a very beautiful sexy new bra! Then, we went and had a coffee and a little cake; in fact the weather is so nice, we sat outside. Tonight we go out to dinner with friends...life is great.

I look forward to reading about your journey 3 yrs out and Happy Birthday.

I didn't realize our birthdays are so close together! Mine is Saturday and I will be 62!

Close birthdays and we are close in age. I wish you didn't live so far away. I am always so glad to hear from people who are still really happy with their sleeve and doing well!

Wow, we are close in age and we were very close in our starting weight and height.....and we're sleeve veterans! And now we weight about the same....(OK, I'm 4 lbs heavier so you are inspiring me!!!!).

Hope your BD is as wonderful as mine was!!!!