Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how much weight did you lose each month?

i know everyone is different, but i was hoping just to get a general idea...

how much weight did you lose month 2? month 3? 4? etc??

i did very well my first month, lost about 30 lbs. I know that I will slow down as I go, but I was wondering how much i'll slow down. i'd like to lose about 15 lbs this month, but i'm not sure if that is realistic or not.

thanks for your input!!

This graph shows my first year. Some months were better than others.

post-169691-0-62715200-1413666976_thumb.jpg

as a general rule, surgeons say to plan on 20 lbs the first month and then 10 lbs each month thereafter.

i lost about that, but some weeks have been faster, then some slower.

i am now 17 wks out and down 60 lbs, with 30 lbs to go until goal.

I would say thats about right - i am 10 months out & i remember my doc saying the first month will be the most, then about 10lbs a month till about 6 months - then it will slow even more... One month i didnt lose anything... but by 6 months i was down 90lbs... My Advise - Do what your Doc & Nut tell you and dont worry about the number,you will have stalls... the more you stress over it, the longer the stall (well in my case it seemed like it) Good luck :)

@@MichiganChic I want a chart like that....did you do that..or the Doc?

P.S. I haven't had surgery yet..but I will be in....35 Days!! :unsure:

post-194772-14140055483187_thumb.jpg

Here's my graph. My Fitness Pal does it for you if you keep a log!

Wow! I never kept records like that's! I do know I'm at 4 months and have lost 114. So that's on average 28 lbs a month. The first couple of months were definitely faster but I'm still 3-5 lbs a week.

This is a question I wanted to ask as I am now into my second month.

Did any one hit plateaus in their 2nd n 3rd month? I had a 2 week one and just got out of it.

Sometimes those are fluctuations due to hydration. If you weigh at a low hydration point it can take several days weight loss to show. It will pass. You don't stall so soon after surgery.

Thx, I am focusing totally on Water and Protein I take now. I did have a hard time with water in the beginning.

Wow! I never kept records like that's! I do know I'm at 4 months and have lost 114. So that's on average 28 lbs a month. The first couple of months were definitely faster but I'm still 3-5 lbs a week.

I have a cool scale that wirelessly syncs to my My Fitness Pal app so my record keeping is done automatically every time I step on the scale! I'm not organized enough to do it myself

@@MichiganChic I want a chart like that....did you do that..or the Doc?

P.S. I haven't had surgery yet..but I will be in....35 Days!! :unsure:

It's just an excel spreadsheet I created. I did it for my own records, and I'm so glad I did. I still weigh every day, and now I average the month. I've been in maintenance for about 6 months, and on days when my weight seems to be rising, I get less concerned because I can see that on average, I'm within the same 1-3 pounds.

I use my fitness pal, and an actual weight tracker app i down loaded. U are supposed to weigh daily with that... Well that got a bit frustrating. Lol I'm 6 weeks out of surgery and had a 3 week stall. I'm down 33 pounds total now.