Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gallbladder surgery ????

Well, I finally got all the testing done and I have to have gallbladder surgery next week if I make it til then without a bad attack. I have a 98% blockage, no wonder I have felt so terrible lately! If any of you have right side back pain and an increase in acid indigestion go to your dr. I didn't have any frontal abdominal pain until this week, but have had back pain for over 6 months that felt like muscular. Last night I had the worst attack, felt like labor without a baby. Please say prayers that I don't end up in emergency surgery. I'm going back to all Protein Shakes until this is over hoping that I can keep another attack from happening.

Good luck! I am having my gallbladder removed next week as well on Wednesday. I have a band and the dr kept telling me it was my band because my pain started in the middle of my chest and right shoulder. I have had back pain for a long time so maybe that was early signs. Well good luck to you and hopefully we are both feeling a lot better after this surgery.

Mine is scheduled for Wednesday too, I can't wait to feel normal again! Thanks and good luck to you as well!

Avoid fatty, cheesy, creamy, rich, and spicey foods. As a veteran of a ruptured gallbladder (1973 at the age of 21) I can tell you that you definitely want to keep that gallbladder calm. Hang in there, I will be thinking of you.

For anyone else who is listening, she is right about second-guessing a diagnosis. My gallbladder pain felt like someone was stabbing me in the back with a sword, under my right shoulder blade, and twisting that sword around and around....OMG it was awful.

When I could not stand it anymore I went to the ER. They treated me for a suspected ulcer by giving me something creamy to drink. That sent my gallbladder into spasms and caused it to rupture then and there. The surgeon said he had to go fish, because there were gallstones throughout my abdominal cavity.

He cut me half in two (this was before laparascopic surgery), and I was in the hospital for eleven days. Now you get the little incisions and maybe go home as an outpatient. So for you, this is not the week for cheese, gravy, or salsa. Take care, and in a week you will feel much better. And by the way, I have not missed my gallbladder at all.

Thanks for the info. Luckily I don't eat heavy fatty foods anyway so that and the fact that I still don't get hungry 2 yrs out will be my saving grace I hope. I have only had one Protein Shake today for dinner and so far I'm doing ok. They told me its ok just to drink if I don't feel like eating, hydration is more important.

Miss Mac is right. My GB pain would take my breath way. It was in my back like where your bra goes around. Also, pain on front...upper AND lower right. So, if you've had WLS and feel any discomfort like this, go back to your Dr! It's not uncommon for people who've lost a lot of weight, quickly, to have GB problems. The surg itself is easy, in my case...day surgery. Real sore for for a day or two but that was all. Take care!