Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need a buddy/mentor

I got banded in April 2014, I lost 10 lbs pre-op, then 7 lbs post-op and then NOTHING :( I am filled at 4.5cc I have lost a few inches my clothes is incredibly loose now. No weight loss though. I am scared and wondering when something is actually going to happen ** sigh**

What does your surgeon say? What are you eating? How many fills? Do you feel any satiety? What does a typical days meal plan look like? Do you exercise? How many calories a day(do you track?)?

Sorry to pepper you but need more info if you want advice?

I haven't seen my surgeon,I see the nurse, '' appparently" i would see the surgeon only if there is complications. I am eating everyday food, lets say shepperds pie or meat and veggies but in smaller portions. No one ever told me about tracking my calories.... not the surgeon, not the nurse, or the dietician. I had a depression post surgery so i just srtaed exercising. so far once a week because thats when the class is given and i walk to work everyday so its 30 mins walk. i feel satiety but not long enough. Breakfast egg and fruit, then usually a fruit ( sometimes), lunch which is usually left overs from the night before and then usually supper...in between the time of 4:30 when i start feeling hungry, i dont want to snack because i eat supper around 6:00 ish, then im scared not to eat for supper and be hungry at night.

After care or post surgery care is so important and some docs are great at it and some are good but some stink. Don't know where yours fits in and doesn't sound like the nurse if invested in educating you or getting to the bottom of why you aren't losing?

How many times have you seen the nurse and how long ago? Does she know you're struggling and what does she say?

Your band won't work it's magic till it's adjusted properly. I lost 12 lbs the first 2 weeks and then nothing till my 3rd fill 3.5 months later so I know how you feel. But, I had a sit down with my doc and my nutritionist at 4 months. My 3rd fill at that time and some timely suggestions from the nut made all the difference for me.

It's hard to do this on your own so if you haven't seen your nurse/doc lately, do it. And let them know you're not losing. Keep in touch here too.

• I have seen the nurse 3 times so far, once it wasnt the same one and when i told her i wasnt losing she said that it wasnt her business and i should see the nut. i also got complications back in july, got a .5 fill on the thursdayand from saturday night to monday afternoon was in the hospital couldnt drink or eat...then they took out the .5 and i was ok. got another fill at .4 in september and going again in 2 weeks and seeing the nut at the same time.I am in Montreal, Quebec, Canada where the surgery and everything pre and post op is free...maybe if i was paying id be able to get to seemy surgeon and speak with him **sigh**

You can feel free to PM me. I am 2.5 months out from surgery and have lost 15 pounds and 4 sizes. I have 4 CCs in my band. I have had trouble losing weight though even though I am exercising and eating smaller portions. If you ever want to talk let me know.

It's cool you're losing i supposedly have 4cc and I haven't lose much at all, nov 20 I'll have my second fill and according to the nurse it's only going to be a .5cc, I have heard that you start losing when you have at least more than 7cc so I have quite a few more visits to do..

I am losing inches which apparently is better than nothing, i still wished the numbers on the scale would go down, I see that you have lost 28 pounds that is great!!!!. Yes, they do have to fill with .5 at a time, I have had complications this past summer and glad it was only .5 rather than a full cc .... I am presently at 4.8 cc , but will definitely ask them to meausdre the ccs the next time i go, my appts are usually every 6 weeks which is quick enough :)