Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been waiting a whole month now for approval. My doctors office will not return my call about the status of my surgery. I've tried calling about 12 times and have left messages each time. Should I call my insurance company? Should I speak to an office manager? It's really frustrating that they won't even return my phone call. I am so discouraged right now. :(

I would call the insurance company and see if it has been approved yet. If it has, then go up to the dr office and find out what's going on.

Yes. Call your insurance company...

I've been waiting for two weeks. My insurance is health net of AZ. Hope I hear something in the next two weeks because my deductible is already met and it will start over the 1st of the year!

I would call the insurance company to make sure that the surgeons office actually sent in your paper work and where you stand on this with them.

I would call your email the office manager and tell them exactly what is going on with this situation and how poorly you are being treated.

In the worst case you could change surgeons and see if your insurance company would make you start all over again or if you can transfer your information to a new surgeon.

You don't have to put up with this and don't because they are playing with your life decision.

Best of luck in getting some answers.

Update: I called my insurance and they have not even heard anything from my doctors office. Called the doctors office, got the whole can I take a message, explained that I have called and left messages about 12 different times. The lady at the front desk connects me to the insurance lady. She acts like she is very troubled that she has to answer my questions. She says that she has only just submitted it this past Friday. I told her that insurance hasn't heard anything from them and she says "Well I guess I have to fax it again, UGH." I am not a happy person today.

You could make a complaint to the practice manager and if its affliated with a hospital, I would talk to someone in patient relations. Specifically, from the practice manager I would want to know what the standard of turn-around time you should expect from her (the mean paper-pusher). And report her attitude. You are a paying customer and there are other places that would happily compete for your dollars!! You could go to patient relations. Ask how are they prepared to offer you something in the way of service recovery for being inconvenienced and disrespected? Free parking, a private room (one can always hope)....etc etc... And most importantly let the surgeon know about your experience... Your surgeon pays her salary and would be highly displeased to get a complaint. You can decide how far you want to take it and what its worth to you but all those are reasonable options.

I do the job of the woman you referenced at another facility and state and when a person calls on something I was supposed to do, I am all about the apology, explanations and their paperwork moves to the top of the pile.

Healthcare is changing, the place where you are going ain't the only show in town....

Today I found out that I was approved for surgery! I will be having it December 22nd! Kinda close to Christmas but I don't mind.

Best Christmas gift ever! Your health is the best gift you could ask for. Sure it would be nice to have it at another time but you will do great!

SweetJess602. Have you heard anything yet. I have Health Net also and I just submitted too

Congrats what an amazing Christmas present to yourself!!!!!

Good luck!

Unacceptable for them not to return calls. I find that to be completely unprofessional and I would definitely be speaking to the administrator. I have been in the healthcare profession for years and there's never any excuse for it. I understand people are busy and possibly having to call the next business day or perhaps the one after, but weeks and weeks without a call back... that is a major red flag to me. good luck with journey.