Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mentor Buddy Needed

I'm pre-op for right now. My surgery is scheduled for Nov. 3rd. The last time I spoke with my nationalist was about a month ago. In my paperwork, It says not to get my Gummy Vitamins from the drug store, but I've been reading where people are having success with Centrum. Can I use Centrum? I'm so nervous about my decision. I've priced bariatric Vitamins and they are so high...maybe I'm looking at it wrong. I really want to start getting things that I need.
Will someone please be my buddy ie mentor. People around me have not been telling me anything other than I can do it...no direction. I don't have to loose weight before my surgery date, Dr. Baumon said for me to not gain any weight. I'm trying to figure out what I need to stock in the cabinet for pre-op.

I go for my last NUT and surgeon appointment in 2 weeks.... I am so excited. have been reading and asking my NUT what I will need. so I have 4 HUGE containers of Protein Powder which I also got approved from them. I take gummy vitamins now however they recommended flintstone Vitamins and so I bought 2 bottles of them plus Calcium since I am past 50. I bought a water bottle that has a frozen tube in the center to keep it cold and measures my Water intake. If there is anything else please let me know.

My surgery date is October 30th. I have been stocking up on my Protein...I buy both powder and liquid Protein. New whey makes a Liquid Protein in a 3.8 oz bottle in several different flavors. You can mix them with Water and kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I am also stocking up on propel flavored water and Flintstone chewable Vitamins. GOOD LUCK in your journey!!!

url=http://www.bariatricpal.com]surgery.png?ts=1413148906[/url

url=http://www.bariatricpal.com]bodyweight.png?ts=1413148906[/url]

Hello! I'm a week out from the gastric sleeve surgery. I waited to get my Vitamins until after surgery. I should have started before, but they are expensive. I had to do a two week liquid diet before my surgery. It helped prepare me for life now. I learned that I do not like vanilla Protein powder. I do not. Nope. I do like the chocolate Muscle Milk. It's pretty good. One day I was thirsty and in the store and I found Darigold makes a drink called REFUEL. It's 20g of Protein and only 160 calories. And it's 16 oz. Which right now doesn't seem like much, but after surgery it is way too much. I can only drink about 4 oz at a time right now. I would suggest getting something like Mio for your Water. It's easier then dealing with a bunch of preflavored waters. And if you do go out you can add it to the Water they give you. So try some of those. My nutritionist suggested trying bariatricadvantage.com for Vitamins too.

There is something I'm going to be very honest with you guys about. I've not seen too many people talk about it. Regret. After my surgery I was in a lot of pain. And there are no instant results. So I immediately regretted it. At times I still struggle with it even after a week and another 12 pounds gone. I wish I had eaten more of the food I love before doing this. I feel like my best friend is gone. Because when the world chewed me up and spit me out, food was always there. My party size Smartfood White Cheddar popcorn was always there. And I miss my best friend. It's worth it to lose it. But don't be surprised if you wake up thinking WTF DID I JUST DO?! According to my nurse, it's normal. I didn't know that. So when I was feeling it I felt like something was wrong with me. Like I really did just screw up. Just know it's normal and it does pass. =)

Twirpo75.......what a great post!!!! My surgery date is October 30th and honestly I am saying outloud.....WTF am I about to do????, then I do something simple like bend over and tie my shoes and I get winded after tying one shoe and have to sit up and catch my breath, then do the other one. Then I say to myself...."this is exactly the reason why you are about to do this!"

Congrats on the 53 lbs. gone!!!

Packerfan61964,

Thanks!! I agree with you totally on the shoe thing. My shoe came untied in Walmart last week and I was like DAMMIT because what is usually a personal struggle becomes a public one. And you know how people love to take humiliating pictures in Walmart. It's like blowing a tire on a freeway. I often wonder then things like that happen to skinny people, do they even think about it? Because my shoe coming untied is something worthy of immediate stress. But I think skinny people just go "Hey look, my shoes untied." And fix it. No worries. Damn skinny people. =) I can't wait to weight 200 lbs and have my shoe come undone. I'll get excited and say 'WATCH THIS!" and just bend down and fix it. WITHOUT holding my breathe!!

WOOT US!!

Twirpo75, I am NOT a big vanilla Protein powder fan either......HOWEVER, I mixed it with almond milk and added a half cup of frozen pineapple and half cup of frozen peaches and blended it all together. It made a HELL of a smoothie!!!! And I as sipped on it.....I said damn all I need is a little rum and an umbrella in the drink and be by the ocean and I have got it made in the shade!!!!! LOL :-)

Could someone please tell me what NUT is?

@ Bobbyswife......it's a nutritionalist!!

ohhhhhhhhh ok. Thanks!

lol gummies are so good! but doc is right crap I best be getting back on my Vitamins