Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery In October Looking For Others

My surgery is on October 14th. I am very scared that I won't do the liquid diet right. It starts October 4th. I have been eating like everything is my last meal. I am shopping for my blender and liquid diet items on Friday, October 3rd. BTW that is my husband's birthday. Any October people out there please contact me. I feel so lost.

Meme1171...you can do this. Have faith and treat it as if you're going to win a million bucks if you do this right and you'll lose everything if you don't. Sometimes you have to have a different mindset. Last year I tried to lose the weight by doing the 2 week Protein diet and pretending that I had to lose the weight in order to get the surgery done. It worked! I did lose some weight during those 2 weeks, but no surgery. I'm hoping to have it done before the end of the year. You are lucky to be getting it done now. So hang in there and do the right thing! Good luck!

By the way, Oct. 14 is my mother's Birthday too.

Edited by Ladiec2

My surgery is also Oct 14th. I started my pre-op diet on Monday. I am doing better than I expected occasionally I get headaches but I just kno this is all worth it. What diet did your surgeon give you? I know everyone is different

My surgery is also Oct 14th. I started my pre-op diet on Monday. I am doing better than I expected occasionally I get headaches but I just kno this is all worth it. What diet did your surgeon give you? I know everyone is different

I am doing the 10 day liquid diet. I snack so much now. What kind of liquid Snacks I can use.

Meme1171...you can do this. Have faith and treat it as if you're going to win a million bucks if you do this right and you'll lose everything if you don't. Sometimes you have to have a different mindset. Last year I tried to lose the weight by doing the 2 week Protein diet and pretending that I had to lose the weight in order to get the surgery done. It worked! I did lose some weight during those 2 weeks, but no surgery. I'm hoping to have it done before the end of the year. You are lucky to be getting it done now. So hang in there and do the right thing! Good luck!

By the way, Oct. 14 is my mother's Birthday too.

Thank you!!!

My surgeon allows the Protein Shakes 2 fruits per day and unlimited veggies and two lean cuisines. I have not been eating those I have baked some plain chicken and eat 4 oz at dinner. My Snacks are my fruit twice a day. Never thought I would look forward to fruit. Lol

My surgeon is only allowing 7 days of full liquids and 3 days clear. I am not allowed any solids for a while.

My surgery is tomorrow and I woke up Today so nervous I can't believe its here already. Good look to you all!!!

My surgery is tomorrow and I woke up Today so nervous I can't believe its here already. Good look to you all!!!

Good Luck to you.

You can do this. I am on day 6 of my pre-op (surgery 10/10) and am handling it ok. Sure, I'm hungry, but it's manageable. You're going to be fine. Just remember how important it is to stick to the diet. If you don't, they might not do the surgery, or if they do the surgery and your liver hasn't shrunk enough, it could put your life at risk. Remembering that keeps me on the straight and narrow. Good luck!

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/317411-newbie-looking-for-oct-sleevers/

there's a whole bunch of us in october! join us at the url above.

My surgery is scheduled for October 15th. I started my pre-op diet this Wednesday. The first day was hard for me but now I am feeling much better about it. The key is to find a Protein Shake that you really enjoy. My diet consists of 5 Protein Shakes a day, along with unlimited broth, sugar free Jello and popsicles.