Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are you losing?

Three weeks ago, I was in a hospital bed, on morphine, wondering what the hell I did to myself! (I asked myself that every day for two weeks!) now, I am feeling better every day! Still sore, walking a little slow, but seeing a difference! I am down 30 lbs (with preop). My start weight was 271. I am 56. My face is slimmed down quite a bit. (Hello, old friend! Thought you were gone for good!) My neck is slimmer. (Please God don't let me develop a wattle!) My hands and lower arms are way slimmer. And my tummy is smaller. No change is sizes yet though. Still in my 2x knit pants and shirts. What changes are yall seeing?

I am noticing that my face has slimmed down and also in the neck area. My bra fits more comfortable and my jeans are nit tight at all. I guess a little bit from several places.

I'm 50 and noticing what you are...face and neck are definitely slimmer and other people are noticing that too. And, as AngelaAM says, bras are definitely more comfortable, but I haven't gone in a notch yet. I much be losing in my back, shoulders and upper torso area because I went from a 3X to a 2X (and in some cases a 1X) in tops, but still a 2X in pants, although they are feeling much looser and non binding.

I am about 8 weeks out. I had a long stall at about two and a half weeks, so lost nothing from weeks 2 to 5. I've lost about 10 lbs in the last three weeks. My face is thinner, I'm down a total of 45 lbs from pre-op and two sizes in dress, skirt and pants. I'm glad it hasn't been 5 or more pounds per week the whole time, though..I want my skin to have time to adjust.

Mostly legs, hips and butt. Also face and neck. Some abdomen but not that much. 23 pounds so far, 3.5 weeks out.

I have lost a lot from the top down. First my face slimmed down, and I do have a bit of a turkey neck (I'm 37, so I hope that bounces back. I moisturize the hell out of it). Also my fingers lost a bunch of weight (and I've never had fat fingers - I only ever wore a size 7 ring). After that I lost a lot in my sides, boobs, upper arms and thighs (lots of that drapey skin in those areas). My stomach and ass are finally going. My stomach/hips/butt are where all my weight resides. Because of this top down loss, I am a Misses XL or a plus size 1x on top and an 18 on the bottom. Down from a 22/24 on top and 26/28 on the bottom. I'm also in this weird nebulous hell area where I can get some clothes in regular stores and some not. Like, if I can find an 18 in a regular store I'm super happy because I hate going into the plus department for pants because they are cut so matronly. I'm 5 months out on the 5th. Down over 100 lbs from my all time high which was 335.

I'm only a month post op, but I took my measurements before surgery and then a couple of days ago. I've lost all over. A 15.2 pounds loss meant the following losses in inches:

Neck: -0.5

Upper Arm: -0.5

Forearm: -0.5

Wrist: No Change

Above Breasts: -0.75

Across Breasts: -1.0

Below Breasts: -0.75

Waist, Narrowest: -1.75

Across Belly Button: -1.75

Hips: -2.0

Upper Thigh: -1.25

Above Knee: -2.5

Calf: -0.5

Ankle -0.25

I've not formally measured myself, but I can certainly tell my jeans are baggy and my bra! My hubby says, I feel "gushy" I guess that's a good thing, LOL. I have some dress pants I want to try on to see if they fit yet (old ones but still in great condition) This is week 3 post op for me, I've not really lost anything this week, but I was expecting that:) I only need to lose 3lbs to get to onederland!!! Haven't seen that in sometime!

I am five weeks post op. My face is the first thing that slimmed down and my neck.... I have some lines now that we're not there before... My arms around the underneath part are getting dimples... Must be losing there. Clothes are all big. I am down 35 pounds and go for for my six week check up next week. People are starting to notice but they are not sure what to say... One girl said... Oh your hair has gotten longer ... She knows something is different but not sure what to say. When I hit 50 pounds down I will be happier!

The first thing I noticed was that I had an actual WAIST appearing! 1 year out the changes are so extreme I had to get a new drivers license as folks were starting to comment, "this isn't you", and last night my hairdresser didn't recognize me! Get ready for the roller coaster, 'cause you're goin' for a (wonderful) ride!

Im 7 weeks out and happy to lose. My face is slimmer my breast just a little lost. My stomach dosent get in the way no more i can sit indian style as i did as a little girl. Im 46 now lol my work belt hole was moved 3 notched over. My legs butt and hips are getting small. Im losing it all yaaaaaa.

I am 43 and started at 370'total down 53 pounds between weeks 4 and 5 I haven't lost just stayed the same (weigh in is Wednesday). I have started to notice in most areas down from size 30 to 26, went bra fitting and down 2 sizes around but same cup size. People are happy for me but I just keep thinking I have so much more to loose. Does anyone else feel this way? The 6 month and 1 year out stories are so impressive. I just keep staying with the program and hope this stall will end soon. Good luck to everyone.

I have lost weight everywhere, even in places I didn't want to lol :lol: My face was the first place people noticed. My BF notice my behind and chest was smaller (lol but still perfect he says lol - such a supporter :) ) Now my legs, stomach arms even my feet are smaller. I am back at the gym so I can really tone up and help accelerate my loss in a healthy manner. ove having no clothes that fit!! :D :D well for the most part anyway! good thing I never got rid of my "skinny" clothes.