Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Honest truth about genepro protein powder

I am a little over 3 weeks post bypass and am having severe nausea to the point of looking at Protein Shakes and dry heaving. My dr is well aware of this issue and I had blood work drawn today- no results yet. My question is I cannot handle any taste of Protein Powder and I have read that GENEPRO can be mixed into anything and is truly tasteless so I'm wondering if anyone has actually tried it and how "tasteless" it is. Thanks!

I love it! I could not get my Protein in without. I have always drinked Protein shakes but after surgery I got where I could not choke them down. The chaulky taste just got to me! I tried Isopure and the after taste was more than I could handle. I have a cabinet full of different Protein wheys....cannot take them! I am on my third bag of Genepro! I drink it mixed with Crystal Light lemonade, put it in oatmeal, coffee....etc. I keep a bag in my car...so I can always mix me a drink on the go. You can call the number on the website and they will send you a sample. You can also order it from Amazon.< /p>

I never tried GENEPRO so I cannot answer your question. I found Protein shakes to be almost unpalatable. But there are many choices available and one needs to experiment until one finds one that can be tolerated. I used Muscle Milk Light. The Protein powders cannot be mixed by hand but a blender such as a Ninja or Bullet Blender should be used. I found that by blending in a banana, it made the Protein shake more palatable. There are also premixed Protein drinks available and some are tasty. There is another type of product called Protein Ice. It has 42 grams of protein in a 20 ounce bottle. It comes in a number of flavors. I tried it and found that it tasted horrible, but my wife tried it and thought it tasted O.K. Another choice is milk. During the winter months, I drink a cup of hot cocoa (no sugar added).

Thank you both very much for the suggestions. I did order a bag of GENEPRO from Amazon so I hope it works out!

I love genepro! Truly the best I have ever had, im 5 months out and down 84 lbs and it has really helped.me

You will be amazed with the Genepro! I love it. I love that I can mix it in hot Decaf coffee with no taste or SMELL whatsoever. The whey smell of other Proteins were just so bad to me. I'm slowing using up the other Proteins I've purchased then will use only GENEPRO.

Best of luck to you,

Carol

I just bought bag of GENEPRO today as well! It arrived today and I'm currently trying it mixed in a serving of yogurt. It really is the best option I've found, taste wise!

But am I the only one who is skeptical? 30g squeezed into a 15g scoop? I've tried researching it and have had no luck in finding a real explanation of how they are able to pull this off. It sounds too good to be true. I worry about relying on this and then finding out that it only has like 5g of Protein.

Has anyone had their NUT sign off on this stuff?

Edited by bebeandkoko

Message me your email and I will send you what they sent me.... I asked the same question about the 30 in a tabkespoon

I'm almost at the bottom of my first bag of GENEPRO and I've got to say, I love it. It dissolves so easy I don't need a blender or even really to shake my measured shaker cup (the kind with a doohickey inside to help mix). Its just so EASY.

It doesnt add any flavor to my drinks (homemade iced tea, crystal light flavored drinks) although I do notice it will change the color. Doesn't bother me. I love that its just one tablespoon to add to your _______. Other Protein powders need such a big amount that adding it to foods I think is harder.

I also really like that the calorie count is 98, not 250-something like my lean-body pre-made shakes that are hanging out in my refrigerator taking up real estate.

I just bought bag of GENEPRO today as well! It arrived today and I'm currently trying it mixed in a serving of yogurt. It really is the best option I've found, taste wise!

But am I the only one who is skeptical? 30g squeezed into a 15g scoop? I've tried researching it and have had no luck in finding a real explanation of how they are able to pull this off. It sounds too good to be true. I worry about relying on this and then finding out that it only has like 5g of Protein.

Has anyone had their NUT sign off on this stuff?

This you tube video explains it.

Thank you all I received my GENEPRO today and can tolerate it! Yay!!!

Has anyone actually had blood work done to check their Protein levels since starting on GENEPRO? I mean lab results from your own doctor that show it works as they claim it does?

I'm interested, but their claims sound too good to be true. I don't want to take it thinking I'm getting the Protein my body needs after bypass surgery and then find out it's all a sham. But I haven't seen one review yet that's supported by factual evidence of protein levels in the body after taking the product for any length of time.

Have you had any other noticeable results (or problems) since you started taking GENEPRO?

I had my blood work done last month. I was right on target with my Protein. I use GENEPRO daily. I may occasionally go by a Protein Drink shop and buy a shake. I depend at least 65-75% of my Protein from Genepro.....I am still having problems with meat. Greek Yogart is too sweet.....so I rather use GENEPRO.< /p>

It sounds like you're doing pretty well with the GENEPRO. I've read so many good reviews on it that I decided to go ahead and purchase a couple of sample packets so I can give it a try. Hearing good results like yours really makes me hope it works well for me. I'd like to have one Protein supplement that will work in most anything I want to put it in.

May I ask....what kinds of problems are you having with meat? I haven't had my surgery yet, and it hadn't occurred to me that there could be problems with eating meat afterward. I've always been a meat and potatoes person who eats meat with every meal.

My main problem has been learning to eat slower, smaller bites and chewing enough. chicken breast is too dry . I can take a few bites of dark meat.. but most meat comes back up. I have to have lots of sauces or gravy to eat any type of meat for the moisture. I have here lately been able to go by Chick Fila and get six piece nugget for breakfast.. 23 grams of protein...if I eat real slow I can keep them down...I can usually tell by the second bite if I am going to be able to keep the meat down...it just weighs heavy. I have read on here that pork is hard to digest and steak is the easiest. Lots of people eat a lot of jerry but I haven't been able to because it is just too dry