Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need your Help/Advice - 5 months post Op

Hey everyone!! I am 5 months out from surgery, 92 lbs down doing AWESOME feeling great and super happy...I do have a concern that I want to run by the group though. Before I start, I do have a call into my doctor and will get in ASAP to get medical advice as well but I wanted to see if anyone has experienced this and what it ended up being.

So a month or so ago I was outside with my husband on the riding lawnmower, started feeling stomach cramps, parked the mower got off and blacked out...ended up having to go inside and lay down. it passed within a half hour and I could carry on as if nothing happened. I chalked it up to tight pants (even though I knew they weren't too tight).

Fast forward to this morning, it's my birthday (YAY!!) my husband woke me up at 4:15 AM before he left to sing me happy birthday, in comes stomach cramps, so I went to the restroom thinking maybe my bladder was just too full or something. went to the restroom, stood up to wash my hands and blacked out again...this seemed to take about 45 min to pass, I am in at work today slight cramping but the blacking out spells have passed.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? does it mean I am low in something? I have had my bloodwork done recently and all was good...Thoughts anyone?

Doc's advice is gonna be best because there's so many reasons you could be blacking out. And very few of them are "not a big deal."

In my experience, I haven't completely blacked out but I've gotten sick to my stomach and then extreme dizziness like to where I've fallen or stumbled when I stand up quickly or change positions quickly. This is due to my "postural hypotension" my blood pressure drops rapidly when I go from rest to activity quickly. This is exacerbated by being dehydrated for me, which I find I often am post-op. I'm 4 months out and have had this ever since surgery.

Until your doc can give you a better idea, I would focus on taking extra care of yourself, lots of rest, lots of fluids, easy on the hard work around the house, making sure you get your Protein and your Vitamins and just focus on supporting your overall health as much as possible. Hoping you feel better and get a good understanding of this soon.

Happy Birthday! And hopefully you'll get in with your doctor right away.

Docs advice needed for sure. As a nurse, I would think it could be: anemia (iron), low potassium, chronic dehydration, or about 10 other things! Get checked out soon! Hope you feel better soon!

Ooooh wow.... Are you well hydrated?? Happy Birthday, hope it's nothing, definetely get info from your doctor. Good Luck!!

Definitely Happy Birthday to you!

Unfortunately I would actually go to the hospital or clinic. What if you blacked out while driving or something. Stay safe and call your hubby to give you a ride. Let us know the outcome ok, we'll be thinking of you :)

I'm sorry it's not my intention to worry you, I realized after I saw my reply that It could definitely come off that way.

I really appreciate all of the comments, the last bloodwork that I did I was low in Potassium and Vit A. Just had bloodwork last week A is good, need to check Potassium again for sure. I think I am getting in enough Water but Dehydration could also play a part as well as Iron, these are all very good things to check. I agree with everyone and REALLY appreciate all of the support. I have a call into the nurse now and waiting for a call back, my surgeon is in surgery today so I don't know that I will be able to see her but I will for sure have someone take me in when and wherever I go today. Thanks for the Birthday wishes!! maybe it's just getting older? ha ha only kidding...

I will let you all know what I find out! Thank you Thank you!

Docs advice needed but the "black outs" could be low blood pressure related due to dehydration, (this happened to me after running way high for years). Add some G2 to your Fluid intake for the electrolytes. Pain at that stage could be gall bladder related. Get checked.

I no longer have my gall bladder, but BOY when I had that out a year or so ago that was VERY Scary, this is a much different pain than that was, this seems to be all lower cramping pain...it's so strange. I will go grab some G2 now.

Happy Birthday! If I were you I would go to the doctor and get it checked out.

Quick update my surgeon also recommended I go and see my Primary Care doc...I went in this afternoon and got a full blood panel taken. They all seem to think it's Low Potassium is the reason, but they ordered a full panel JUST in case it could be anything else, I hope to have results soon so we can figure this out. This morning was not fun that's for sure!