Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

EXTREMELY UPSET!

I started all my paperwork and testing in May. I was told my surgery would be in August. I received a phone call that the psychiatrist had not cleared me. I had three counsel sessions with a counselor prior to the appointment with this psychiatrist.

I've made several phone calls to see exactly how many more counsel sessions he wants me to have. He does not return my phone calls.

I can't switch to a new psychiatrist because it is not allow with the bariatric program I'm involved in. I doubt my insurance would pay again.

I go to two support Bariatric meetings twice a month. I'm involved in three bariatric online groups, my best friend went through the procedure years ago but she's aware of what it is all about.

I feel it is very unprofessional and disrespectful not to return my phone calls. I have called him because the bariatric employees could not get him to return their calls either. I have called once a week since the first of September.

Everything has been approved by the insurance company and everything I needed to do to prepare for surgery is done also.

He's the only one messing me up. I'm very depressed over it. I thought I would be starting my new journey in August.

Thanks for reading.

Torrielynne

I'm extremely upset. I'm doing this for me but I also have two daughters getting married in September and October of 2015.

that sounds very upsetting so sorry you're going through this. Does he give a reason why he didn't approve you?

No. I'm approved by him but he hasn't given further instructions to my counselor or me as to what he wants me to continue to do. Plus he doesn't return phone calls. Apparently he wants to make sure I have a support group following surgery. But gives no indication as to what he wants now. I thought about going into by medical physician and explaining to her what is going on. She knows it took me two years to make this decision. She supports the surgery.

In the mean time - each day, I feel myself getting more depressed and anxiety attacks have been frequent.

Thanks for responding.????

Make another appointment with him and ask him to his face what he requires and while you are at it ask him why he hasn't returned phone calls to you or your surgeon's office. Good luck. I hope you get it all straightened out.

Summer

That's exactly what I was going to suggest, is to simply make another appointment. I doubt he ever will call you back. The natural assumption on his part would be that you are upset and may be confrontational (not saying that's true). Matters like that would be better handled in person so you can get the answers you need or be able to demonstrate that you do have an appropriate network of support. Good luck.

Yes definately go in and speak to him. Him not returning your phone calls or your physicians is highly unprofessional. I would have issues seeing him again based on what you have shared.

I would show up at his door step and demand results, in a tactful, diplomatic way of course. How un-professional is that?..and he is still in business??

Can you see a different psychiatrist and get a new eval?

If he approved you is it that he has not sent in his report? I agree to make a apt. I also wonder if he is still in business. A call to the BBB to check his record and file a complaint might be in order as well. He is playing with your life. I would also talk to your surgeon and insurance as well as make sure you document every call to this Psy. You may also want to send him a Certified letter asking for his requirements.

Thank you for all the insight. Everything has been handled and I'm scheduled for Nov. 4th. Next week!

Thats great news!!! All the best to you on November 4th!!