Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Taste for water changed?

Before surgery I was a huge Water drinker. I never drank soda...juice was a rarity as well. I occasionally drank crystal light type drinks...but again was not a huge fan of flavored drinks. Milk is always a favorite as well. Now one month post op and I realized I'm having a VERY hard time drinking because I'm bored with Water ...the past week I have become HOOKED on Gatorade /powerade. Low cal and calorie free of course. Nothing seems to quench my thirst but this. I have no problems getting fluids this way and have started stocking it. Does anyone share this same issue?

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk 2

I was a plain Water drinker prior to surgery - loved it. Only recently, when I started to do hot yoga have I been able to drink plain Water - a couple of sips at a time. So now I am drinking about 20 ounces of plain water per day - it's ice water.

I usually drink Propel Zero, Vitamin Water Zero or Crystal Light.

That is another thing...my drinks have to be ice cold...I put ice in my Protein drinks as well! Lol.

Crystal Light Decaf iced tea, here (diluted with extra Water to cut the over-sweetness). I drink about 72 ounces a day of the stuff!

I have been drinking Decaf tea. I used to drink it all the time, but then I forgot about my cupboard full of tea. Lady Grey is my go to right now. Chamomile is really good too. I tied a cinnamon apple spice, but even without sweetener it was too sweet.

Agree! I get SOOO bored with Water now. crystal light for this girl.

I get this stuff at BJs called True Lemon, its all natural and so good not as funky ingredients as Crystal Light

I was a Water drinker, too. Then after surgery I had a hard time drinking it. It didn't taste right, and it kind of hurt my stomach. I used flavoring drops to help. Now at almost 2 years out, I can drink it fine - and pretty darn fast, too.

Oh no! I drink at least 3 gallons of Water a day if not more. It is my preferred beverage. I hope I can still tolerate it after surgery. I have an infuser type of water bottle and love mixing different fruits in it for a bit of variety. It looks like I might have to get creative after surgery. It is such a foreign concept that I wouldn't like or want water after surgery because it is such a part of my life now. Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

I didn't care for plain Water before or after surgery. I drank a lot of diet soda before surgery and now am trying to make nice with the Water but find myself usually using Crystal Light or drinking Decaf tea.

Oh no! I drink at least 3 gallons of Water a day if not more. It is my preferred beverage. I hope I can still tolerate it after surgery. I have an infuser type of Water bottle and love mixing different fruits in it for a bit of variety. It looks like I might have to get creative after surgery. It is such a foreign concept that I wouldn't like or want water after surgery because it is such a part of my life now. Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

I never though in a million years I wouldn't want water as much. I'm sure it will get better.

i was a HUGE Water drinker, a gulper and drank it ALL day long, in addition to my GALLON of regular pop!

now i can't tolerate it plain, i have it with crystal light only, and i drink a TON of sugar free Arnold Palmer now too...

Me too! I loved ice Water now I can barely gag it down! Basically, almost all liquids taste horrible! What gives!!! I am struggling and have been since surgery! (One month)

I was a huge Water drinker before surgery. Now at three and half months post op I still can't tolerate more than a few sips of plain water. I drink a lot of Vitamin water zero, sobe water diluted with plain water. I think I miss plain water more than junk food.< /p>

One of the surgeons at my place of surgery himself couldn't stand the taste of Water after his surgery. Lol. So you are not alone. I flavor too! Happy there are so many drop options now days. I don't need much but I need somethin.