Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgendered Bandsters

Ok, is it just me or does the new LBT woman (scroll up) look like more than a little like Racheal Ray at first glance?? "How cool is that!" HAHAHA!!:) Sorry if you non-RR fans don't get that! BTW, I was walking down the grocery store aisle where all the oils, shortenings, etc are thoe other day and guess what I saw on the shelf?? Racheal Ray's EVOO!! (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) Again, if you're a non-RR fan, you'll just have to watch one of her many shows to understand it. Personally, I think her 15 minutes of fame is WAAYYY over...

I SOOOOOOOOOOO agree that her 15 minutes need to be over! You crack me up!

Hi everyone!! Great thread... I'm a former 'hag' from New York.. all my 'boys' found partners and moved away... so now I'm just a straight minivan drivin' mommy. Ahh.. I miss the glamour of the hag-days.

Anyway... goodluck to ALL of you!!! I'm on the pre-op diet right now.. 4 days to go!

4 days to go SillyWillyMommy............ congratulations. May you have much post op restriction...and a quick / pain free recovery!

Yenken-

I got your PM and for whatever reason lost it or something. But I did read it all and want to respond.

I think it's great that you've returned to school.

You can't let other people tell you about your relationship with your woman. Folks who can't do a LDR just don't understand how you can stay connected. You have a light at the end of the tunnel too. You know when you will be together.

Sorry to know you're stressed about coming out to your folks. Where in West Africa are they from? My father is a Hungarian immagrant and his 2nd wife was from Germany; they raised me. My step mother passed away before I came out and I'd lie if I said I was sad to have missed the opportunity.

My GF has been incredibly supportive of my WLS even though she is on the slender side. Actually, with me eating differently and exercising she's taken up the get healthy cause as well. She's tracking her food on fitday and working out too. Sweet, no?

get me on email at home. juligirl01@sbcglobal.net

Later,

J

MsDad, you only have a few days to go.....woooohoooo!!! Good for you starting a place where the GLBT can support each other and also find supportive people that are not GLBT. I am almost 2 years post-op and LOVE LOVE LOVE my band. Keep us updated on your surgery, and post-opness. ~Mandy

Three days away! I'm still nervous about the whole post-weight loss thing, but now getting nervous about the surgery itself. I've had a few procedures done under "twilight" sedation, but never anything surgical and nothing under general anesthesia. I know I have very little to be concerned about, but it's the fear of the (personally experienced) unknown. I'll glady accept any advice and/or virtual hugs from anyone who offers...

Three days away! I'm still nervous about the whole post-weight loss thing, but now getting nervous about the surgery itself. I've had a few procedures done under "twilight" sedation, but never anything surgical and nothing under general anesthesia. I know I have very little to be concerned about, but it's the fear of the (personally experienced) unknown. I'll glady accept any advice and/or virtual hugs from anyone who offers...

You'll be fine! Trust your doctor and know that this is the safest WLS out there.

Expect that you'll feel like you've been hit by a truck, which I mean to say, allow yourself to feel like hell while you slowly feel better. Also, pain meds are a wonderful thing! How long do you plan to be off work?

You got all the love and hugs a girl can send from Ohio. Come here often and let us help you deal with your stress.

OH Juli

I agree with OH Juli, make sure you take the pain meds they are there to keep you from being in pain. There is no reason to hurt, control the pain and get pleanty of rest. Drink loads of Water, it helps to flush the anestiasa out of your system. Also the more you walk the faster the gas gets out of the body. I lived with my heating pad on my back for the first few days. We are here for you.

Do you have a good shopping list for post-op stuff? Here is my list:

heating pad

flexible ice pack (for the port incision swelling)

liquid tylenol (they make adult strength)

chewable or liquid gas-x

a few books or movies

comfy clothes (loose waisted shorts or sweat pants)

squishy pillow for car ride (guard against seatbelt)

protien shakes

flavored water

make sure you have a good blender

I bought a drink mixer for the protien mix (cost $10 at walmart)

broth or stuff to make broth

sugarfree popsicles and Jello

sugar free gum (ask your doctor)

sugar free breathmints (ask your doctor)

*Ask at your pre-op for the pain med prescription so you can have it all ready to go when you get home, our walgreens has to order liquid pain meds and it takes 3 days to get them.

~Mandy

Hey All, Gr8 thread. I am the Aunty of 9 year old twin boys who have two fathers as my sister's ex husband now has a male partner. My nephews actually love their father's partner as he is a bit of a pushover, whereas their father is a bit stricter!:)

I am loving my band! I am so thankful for it.

Yay!:biggrin1:

Susannah

Hey Juli, I am the Granddaughter of Hungarian Jewish immigrants. We are made of sturdy stuff let me tell you!!

MS Dad, Good on ya mate! Good luck with the op. You won't know yourself.:) :clap2:

Susannah

Susannah

My father has three daughters, Ilona, Suzanna (we called Zsa-Zsa until she was 16) and Julianna. Seems like you got a different spelling of a good ethnic name.

Were you ever a Zsa-Zsa? --It's the Hungarian equavilant to Suzi.

And Kudos to you and your family for embracing your ex BIL's new family dynamic.

OH Juli

Hi Eddie. I certainly remember my days just before surgery. Like you I knew there was little to be concerned about in fact, but was still nervous anyway. I just think it goes with the territory. All you can do at this point is hold your breath and jump in. Besides that, remind yourself of why you are doing this and how your health could be seriously affected in the future if you don't do it. Feel good about yourself for taking a courageous step to be healthier and have a better life. You deserve to feel proud of yourself for taking that step. In a very short time, it will all be over. There may be some pain after surgery but for most people it only lasts a few days. In a short time, you'll be back to normal and on the Bandster Path. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks Mark. I'm really glad I have you guys. Certainly DH is supportive, especially having just gone through it himself, but sometimes I need to hear this stuff from other folks. It lets me know he's not just saying it because I'm his husband and he "has to." I went for the last visit to the surgeon and pre-op chest x-ray, etc today. I've actually lost 11 pounds on the pre-op diet and am off both injectable diabetes meds! My blood sugar has been the most normal in the last week as it has been in the past 2 years! I'm only taking one oral med right now, and I'm sure it will go away too after I lose the weight I need to lose. Oh yeah, got my post-op pain med Rx (Lortab) and had it filled, plus found some Gas-X strips (just like the Listerine ones that melt on your tongue) and Alleve liquid caps. That way I'll have a non-narcotic pain reliever I can take between doses of the Lortab and keep my pain to a bare minimum. There's no interaction, so technically I could take them together, but this way I'll have less pain between Lortab doses. And I'm ALL about less pain!

Anyway, I'm about 38 hours away and still a little nervous, but I am feeling better because of all the support I know I have out there. If I don't post Wednesday night, it's because they may keep me overnight (diabetes I suppose), but I'll give an update as soon as I'm able.

Thanks again, and love to all...

Anyway, I'm about 38 hours away and still a little nervous, but I am feeling better because of all the support I know I have out there. If I don't post Wednesday night, it's because they may keep me overnight (diabetes I suppose), but I'll give an update as soon as I'm able.

Thanks again, and love to all...

Hey Eddie.. I'm getting banded on Wednesday too!! I'll be thinking of you.. our doc requires a 2 night stay.... So, I'll be back online Friday.

Best of luck!!!