Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss drives a whole new sex drive

I've lost 140 pounds + husband's lost 60 pounds = revived sex lives.

I don't know if hormonal changes are added to this equation, but whatever it is....... thank GOD!

We've been married 26 years, raised/raising four kids and we unfortunately put ourselves on the back burner for far too long.

Not anymore.......... Revived energy from exercising, sooooo much less body fat, and more time on our hands....... YIPPEE!

I can't give an accurate reaction to this, cuz I just started seeing someone new and that right there is the whole new relationship sex, vs renewed sex lol. But I do find that I enjoy it more and that I sweat less that is for sure!

I wish i had this lol, i am struggling in the complete opposite. My bf always wants it and i have no interest at all....i mean zero...i never really did, but now its completely dead it feels like

I wish i had this lol, i am struggling in the complete opposite. My bf always wants it and i have no interest at all....i mean zero...i never really did, but now its completely dead it feels like

@hopeliveshere...I'm more like you. If my drive is a 2, my hubbie's is a 10. :blink: I always thought it was because I hated my body/weight more than anything. I have had my T level checked and it was in the acceptable range.

Fingers crossed that things change as the weight goes down. But I also know our hormones are doing crazy things to us at the same time.

@hopeliveshere...I'm more like you. If my drive is a 2, my hubbie's is a 10. :blink: I always thought it was because I hated my body/weight more than anything. I have had my T level checked and it was in the acceptable range.

Fingers crossed that things change as the weight goes down. But I also know our hormones are doing crazy things to us at the same time.

I've never had my T level checked, i just always figured i wasnt a "sexual person". i honestly have to try to think about it for days before so i can get myself like a little caesars pizza ( hot and ready, LMAO)

My sex drive went missing a few years ago and I have yet to find it. Made posters and files a missing sex drive report with my GYN. To date it has not been found. At this point I'm not even sure if I want it back were it to decide to come back, but we'll see. To those of you enjoying..........have fun ladies.

I used to have a very high sex drive.....no longer. After menopause it seemed to just disappear. I don't know if it is coming back or not. I'm only halfway to my goal so I'm holding out hope that at least a little of it will return. If not, I'm not even going to think about re-entering the dating scene.

Lyrica causes problems for me, because it tames nerve endings, but isn't specific. It tames ALL nerve endings, including the pleasure ones. However, I also take Wellbutrin and it helps balance things out.

I've lost 140 pounds + husband's lost 60 pounds = revived sex lives.

I don't know if hormonal changes are added to this equation, but whatever it is....... thank GOD!

We've been married 26 years, raised/raising four kids and we unfortunately put ourselves on the back burner for far too long.

Not anymore.......... Revived energy from exercising, sooooo much less body fat, and more time on our hands....... YIPPEE!

Love it!!

I used to have a very high sex drive.....no longer. After menopause it seemed to just disappear. I don't know if it is coming back or not. I'm only halfway to my goal so I'm holding out hope that at least a little of it will return. If not, I'm not even going to think about re-entering the dating scene.

Yeah, menopause really puts a damper on sex drive. I used to be in heat 24/7. Now? Ugh... I'm like.....what the hell happened?!

I'm falling in the "no drive" category myself. I thought I was all alone, glad I'm not! I must say ladies, for those of you with higher libido - that is awesome! I had hopes in the back of my mind that my drive would pick up after some weight loss because I was having problems in that area pre-surgery. Not so much. In fact, everything seems different including my physiological response. It doesn't even FEEL the same anymore. I was checked for pre-menopause before surgery and I was not. I have an appt. here in a few weeks with my OB. I wonder if the surgery has pushed me towards menopause hormonally speaking. I'm 44.

The fat in our bodies stores estrogen which is actually a female hormone. As we lose weight this is released to some degree back into the body so it's true our hormones are affected. Those still with menses might notice increased fertility, or wonky cycles.

For those of us past that phase in our lives, it can increase your libido a bit and also put a damper on it since the ratio of hormones is out of balance and it's not so easy to "feel" awesome when your off kilter.

That said...

I think that having a kicking libido is more about your "mind set" then it is about what your body is doing. As we get older, sure we have still 101 things going on in our lives and yes we can kick sex to the back burner because it's not as important as it was as we were in our 30's to have families etc. even if we weren't trying to procreate at that time the natural urge is there.

So if your not "having fun" take the time to figure out why not? If your not sure see the Dr. to rule out medical causes, and then get your head around it :)

Maybe there is something missing that you need to set that spark afire. Could be simple communication with your partner. I find that in life communication is the key to just about everything, and you need to be speaking the same language or at least have a translation dictionary available for quick reference :)

Feeling good, looking good, being healthy and happy....go for it!

I think so many of us have put sex on the back burner. the old saying of not using you lose it applies. need to rev up our sexual urges by using it. start alone or whatever and see if you can feel again. and don't forget some medications really lower libido.

That said...

I think that having a kicking libido is more about your "mind set" then it is about what your body is doing. As we get older, sure we have still 101 things going on in our lives and yes we can kick sex to the back burner because it's not as important as it was as we were in our 30's to have families etc. even if we weren't trying to procreate at that time the natural urge is there.

100% on point for me Lisa... I was in a bad marriage, overweight and miserable, of COURSE there was no sex drive. Seven years out of that marriage and 56 pounds off my 5'4" frame, 14 pounds from my conservative goal weight, rocking size 6 jeans and able to wear all those lacy sexy things from the stores in the mall that don't carry any size above a large???? Um, yes, I'm feeling pretty frisky! lol Add a new man into that equation (who constantly tells me I'm hot -- I have to tell myself to believe and accept that)... let's just say if women are in their prime in their 40s and I've wasted 8 years of that, I'm planning to make up for some lost time! :)

Sorry if TMI! lol