Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I was sleeved 9/18/14 im 11 days post op. when i weighed myself a week post op i was surprised. as much as my family tells me i look like i've lost weight i dont see it. but when i weighed myself a week post op and to now i've lost 20 pounds since. i know thats good news and i should be super excited which i am but im just so frustrated with this liquid diet. im on full liquids now which is better than the Clear Liquids. i swear if i never have broth or popsicles again i would be totally okay with it lol. i guess its just hard because im so tired and weak all the time. can someone please give me some advice on what they took or ate during their full liquid diets. any good suggestions on Soups or anything with more taste or something.

I kept a variety of shake flavors on hand....chocolate, vanilla, banana, cake batter, coffee, cherry, apple and lemonade. I added even more variety by using Torani syrups, Mio and Dasani Water flavor drops, PB2 and puréed fruit like bananas and peaches. Even 9 months later I still have a Protein smoothie everyday. Some of my favorites are chocolate banana, coffee hazelnut, cherry lemonade, pumpkin pie cake batter, vanilla Peanut Butter and dreamsicle (vanilla powder with OJ or Mio tangerine drops)

For a more savory option I added powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored Protein Powder to every kind of broth and cream Soup I could find...chicken, beef, tortilla Soup broth, hot and sour broth, wonton, miso, French onion, lobster bisque, asparagus cream, butternut squash, cream of shrimp, spinach, mushroom, etc. I diluted and strained any of the Soups with little chunks. Hardly ever had the same thing more than once or twice the whole time.

I used milk instead of Water to mix a lot of the Protein powders and drank diluted fruit juices instead of zero cal stuff because the artificial sweeteners upset my sleeve. The carbs in the milk and juice and fruit as well as the fat in some the cream soups helped with my energy.

Edited by Kindle

I did three Protein shakes a day (just like pre-op) and strained cream Soups for lunch. The Soup kept me sane. I got a whole bunch of varieties and looked forward to all the different flavors each day. Also, my grocery store has a hot soup bar, so any time I went to the store, I always got one of their fresh soups for that day and that was always a real treat.

I was tired all the time too. There's really just nothing you can do about that. You are getting so few calories and you are still healing, so you are going to be exhausted.

salmon bisque. salmon loaded with Protein. lots of flavors and low fat.

Last night I had cream of chicken (strained) Soup, thinned with the tortilla soup base/broth. Turned out to be quite tasty.

I have also been having a lot of campbell's creamy Tomato Soup on the go, thinned with milk, and then I add a dollop of wing sauce. Satisfies the need for flavor nicely.

Edited by woo woo

I bought a jug of unflavored Protein 20 gram serving an I put it in everything! from my coffee, hot tea, I was eating tomatoe Soup I would add it in, I would put it in my pudding, broths..etc..even though I was only about to get an oz or 2 in at a time thats what I did. I did drink 2 chocolate shakes a day but the feeling of tired an no energy thats going to take awhile to get it back. you just had major surgery your body is using what lil calories its getting to use toward healing. its going to take time. Im 3 months out an still have to pace myself. make sure you get your fluids.it was a lil while before I could get all requirments in just do the best you can an improve it daily. I was gagging over shakes an all of it after 2 or 3 wks! I also went thru mourning process of not able to eat regular food. it was bad for me. even though I was fully aware of it going thru this psychologically it still affects you. your body is used to comfort food an releasing the brain chemicals dopamine an seratonin an it does mess with your brain an tummy..:) but we all work thru it. hang in there!! it gets soo much better. I still only eat 2 oz at a setting an I make sure I eat my protein first. keep us posted! :)

thanks everyone! its just hard sometimes im sure you all know. i'll definitely have to try some of those Soups though :)

Yes I remember it very well I was sleeved on June 2 I got sick of Protein Drinks getting through that liquid stage is very hard

Just finished my full liquid stage the other day...thank goodness! Other than a variety of cream Soups (that I made with Skim Plus milk for extra protein), the one thing that tasted wonderful to me was V8 juice (I would also had a few tsp of unflavored Protein Powder to that).

Edited by Lucrezia Borgia