Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I call or wait patiently...

All my required appts are done, the nutritionist said give her 2 days to send over her clearance (so that wld be 9/26) do I wait and let surgeons office call me? Do I call them and be a pest? Anxious is what I am....

You are not a pest.. Terry Simpson is a wonderful Doc. This is your life. Go forward. If she has not done it in the timely manner as she said. Please don't let this bother you....Those Dr's offices are very busy. Best of luck to you...

If you feel uncomfortable you can call the insurance company also just to follow up to make sure all the required paperwork has been received. That's how I found out I was submitted for the wrong surgery thru the insurance company. Best of luck!!!

Hi! I totally understand where you're coming from -- the hardest part is waiting! From beginning to end it took a little over six weeks until I received approval. This includes my initial consultation & completing the insurance requirements. Once everything was submitted by my doctor's office, my insurance approved it quickly! Nothing wrong with you calling to check on it. Fingers crossed that you get the approval!!!

@@PSRS520 good luck with all! I so recall those feelings of pre-op excitement and nervousness. Terry Simpson's article, "The Lapband is not about Restriction" -- I must have read that hundreds of times as I had kind of a long wait -- June 2013 started research, banded in November. That and O'Brien's Eight Golden Rules. Sorry I don't have those links handy (I'm on my iPad), but you are probably all plugged in already as it looks like Simpson has great patient education.

Regarding calling, I didn't want to be too much of a pain but I did call and something had been missed so that was good. I went through a hospital and there was a general number for clearing surgeries. Plus I was in touch with my insurance company -- didn't mind being a PITA with them.

@@PSRS520 Give them a call. I was on top of everything when I was going through all the pre-op stuff for both my husband and myself. You can call your insurance company also if you don't want to bug the Dr. office.

They can tell you if they have all the right paper work and if the approval has gone out etc.

Then you can follow up with the Dr. office :)

Thank u all. I actually called Dr. Simpson's office yesterday, got the coordinator's voicemail, hopefully I get a call back today ????

YES YES YES!!!! got the phn call from surgeons office, they have all the required paperwork, they will submit to my insurance today!!! ????????????

When they send it in to insurance make sure you hound insurance! They work for you! You pay them!! I stayed on them and got approved with in a week!