Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i am learning to dance!

If I start a thread with the Kindle I can't see what I am typing so I have to post and then reply to it. I had to edit this in my phone. ..grrrr

Edited by CowgirlJane

So I have been going dancing alot with a meetup group last few months. I don't know how but love the music so just do the freestyle thing. A couple of guys know how to swing dance and have been teaching me a little. Not really the footwork but more how to follow. At first it was so embarrassing I felt awkward and oddly..It made me feel like I used to feel when obese..like people might be looking at me. Anyway one of them told me that it was his job to make me look good and that helped. I have danced with him alot and last night I felt like "I get it"'''shifted from awkward to fun. A couple of others in the group commented that I was a good dancer which made me feel good. She also told me people look at me because I am hot..lol. I still get teased about my Pat Benatar look (we did an 80s night a few months back).

So my youngest son and I went to an awesome music show Friday night (his choosing) we had cheap seats where everybody was swing dancing. He wouldn't try it but had fun. So last night he joined me with the meetup. W. who has been teaching me convinced him every young man should learn to dance! So starting wed night...My 2 sons and a girlfriend are signed up for an east coast swing class....woohoo!

That's so great!!! It sounds like so much fun - I always loved to dance, but the bigger I got, I kind of stopped because I felt clumsy doing it. It's definitely a goal of mine once I'm a little smaller - especially things like swing, ballroom, and salsa :-) So glad your family decided to go for the lessons too!!!

Awesome! I might try to find some sort of dance venue... when you feel better in your body it makes you want to move it more and have fun again. For so long I didn't want to draw attention to my body and so avoided dancing, but lately I've been feeling the groove more and wanting to shake my hips etc. Have fun!

Dancing is SOOOO much fun. And such great exercise.

Congratulations. :)

East Coast Swing is definitely my favorite. It's really fun. Once you learn the basic step, there's so much more little embellishments that you can add , or as my dance instructor says, add musicality .

I'm really glad I went back to classes. I've really been missing dancing and I feel so happy when I am dancing.

I'm glad you're having fun with it too!

We've done two classes. The first was awkward but the instructor is great. Class #2 we all felt like we were actually dancing. I still get lost on the footwork when we do turns at any kind of speed but... if someone didn't know what it was supposed to look like they wouldn't think it was too bad! Really fun.