Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just general pre-surgery weight loss, and I'm already stalling!

Kind of frustrated these past 2 weeks. I was doing great, with an amazing momentum, and here I am, stuck at the same weight for almost 2 weeks. So frustrating!!!!!!! I lost 11 lbs since August 29th, and I have noticed the difference in my energy and attitude, as well as my clothes fitting a little looser. But nothing in 2 weeks?? Sigh, it's not making me want to change my mind with this or anything, or even revert back to my poor eating habits. It just makes me wonder if I am doing something wrong. Maybe I didn't eat enough? Maybe I have to cut out this reduced fat cheese/yogurt cheese? I know I'm moving around enough, because I'm lucky if I get a break or chance to sleep. I don't know - just one of those "beat myself up" days.

Edited by Kindle

Dont worry, stalls happen before and after WLS. Get used to them because it means that your body is trying to adjust to the new changes. Not a big deal. Just stay with the pre op and you'll do good. Also, stay off the scale if it bugs you that much, dont let a # on the scale determine your self worth !! You're awesome !!!

Thanks @@pink dahlia!!! I think I will hide my scale for a few weeks actually lol. Thanks for the support!!

The same thing happens to me, or I'll even pop back up a couple of lbs and then all of a sudden one day I'm down a few pounds. Hang in there!

I am preop still too and trying to lose some before surgery because I am impatient and want to feel better NOW! I've lost 25 lbs in the past 3 months, not nearly as fast as I will lose after surgery, but I try to view each pound off as a gift. It's incredibly hard for me to lose any weight by dieting - hence the reason I am going for something as drastic as surgery and I am sure the same is true for you. If it came off easy, we wouldn't need the surgery!

Have you been using anything like myFitnessPal to track your food & weight? I have, and it's been very interesting to see all the crazy ups and downs and how it rarely makes any sense. I have 2-3 week stalls even when I am doing everything right. And then I might have a big loss after splurging and eating very badly. Go figure. But - the main thing is overall I am 25 lbs better off than I was before. I can drive myself a bit crazy weighing every day but I can't seem to make myself stop that 40 year habit.

You are 11 lbs lighter and healthier than you were a month ago! That's something to Celebrate. And you lost that in 2 weeks, so your body is just pausing and doing a little "hey, what's going on here?" bit and needs a little more time to get used to the changes. Don't go back to your old habits because that will guarantee that you don't lose any more and you will likely gain back quickly what you've worked so hard to lose.

Hang in there. If you are eating healthier than you were before and are feeling more energetic and better overall, then try not to sweat too much about what the scale says. Knowing I will have surgery soon and will have that HUGE help to get the rest of the weight off and hopefully keep it off the rest of my life, helps me obsess a little less when I don't see progress for a couple of weeks.

I totally agree! I lost about 15lbs on high school, but the second it stopped, I threw in the towel. There are a few days here and there where I'm just ready to stop because of how frustrating it gets, or how everyone around me continues to eat "normal" and forget that I can't eat like them anymore. Only so much lettuce a person can eat while the others chow down on baked ziti and pulled pork lol.

I did start a little over a week ago using "Lose It!" app. It helps me see the carbs, fat and Protein in everything I eat. I try to aim for the max being Protein per day like my nutritionist said.

I definitely do need to stay away from the scale though. Maybe I should just leave the weighing to doctor appointments from now until surgery...

Thanks for the advice and support! :-)

I don't own a scale, I was shocked at how much I actually weighed at my "welcome meeting" in the beginning. I started keeping a food journal just to track what and when I was eating. I did this after meeting with my dietitian who pointed out that I was waiting too long between lunch & dinner to eat. She also told me to keep a snack or two (Protein kind) in my purse in case I was somewhere and needed to eat.

After doing this, I started to loose some weight, and I stopped over eating at my dinner time. I will say that I was weighed at each of my pre-op appointments, along with being weighed on my surgery date. I went up 3 lbs in between 2 appointment dates, and was told, not to worry, it could be stress related (from the process) so I didn't. I was down 18 lbs on the morning I checked in for surgery. I'm waiting for my first follow up to weigh in at my Dr.'s to see how much I've lost.

I'm still keeping the food journal, so I can get in put on what to tweak to make it work better for me. I might get a scale sometime in the future, but for now, it's one less thing to stress about, in a mountain of things that will cause you stress.

good luck, and see you on the other side :0)

"Dont give up cause you' ve hit a wall, progress is progress no matter how small " - author unknown, aaannnddddd.......... my other favorite.......... "Comparison is the thief of joy " - Teddy Roosevelt

Love it guys! The words of encouragement are helping me overcome this ant hill... You are all very inspirational, makes this all feel less lonely :-)

@@Selina1000 hey. Same DOCTOR and Same SURGERY DAY, that is so crazy. we definitely need to keep in touch!!!

@@Shell88 glad that you got that positive attitude. you will see that scale drop in no time!!!

Rovobay,

What time was your surgery? Mine was supposed to be @ noon, but she ran late, ended up going in sometime after 1:50pm. That is the last time I remember looking at. There was a girl after me, she was already there in pre-op while I was still waiting.

Have you gone in for your 1st follow ups yet? Mine are scheduled for Oct 2nd at 2:15, 2:45, and 3:15. I haven't checked my weight yet, want to wait until I can get on the scale @ the Dr. office.

How are you doing with your eating? Have you tried anything solid?

@@Selina1000 "Have you gone in for your 1st follow ups yet? Mine are scheduled for Oct 2nd at 2:15, 2:45, and 3:15. I haven't checked my weight yet, want to wait until I can get on the scale @ the Dr. office."

LMFAO, I have same times too!!!

I was her first of the day. 0730.

Hi everyone. My name is Tami and I too am dieting to lose some weight prior to surgery. My first surgeon appt is this Monday Oct 13. What should I expect at this appt? My three and only three meals a day is working great. Been very nervous about having the surgery but my girls have calmed my fears and I'm on board now with hopes of a brighter and lighter future.