Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PRE GASTRIC BAND OP

Hi guys, new here

Im on the 2nd day of my Pre op and im already sick of the shakes :(

i dont know how im going to last another 12 days.

Im not sure about my situation aswell.. im a 23yr old female weighing at 76kg at 162cm so my BMI is 29

My surgeon said i can do the gastric band, everyone said i dont need surgery to lose weight because i dont look that fat just abit chubby.

im really not sure if my dr just wants to make money from me or is telling me the truth i need to lose weight surgically?

my op is on the 9th oct, lands right on my birthday aswell.. suggestions guys?

my weight goal is 55 so another 20kgs.. help guys?

Good morning! I had to do a 14 day pre-op liquid diet -- low sodium broth, sugar free Jello, sugar free Popsicles & Italian ice, fudgsicles, tea (no milk or sugar) & Water. That's it! Believe it or not, time flew by & as I started to lose a few pounds, it didn't feel so bad. Whenever I was struck with a need to eat something (real food), I'd remind myself why I was doing this & I would find something else to do -- just kept busy! For me, I missed the feeling of chewing something -- after the first few days, it was easier. Whether chubby or obese, getting healthy is the ultimate goal. Best of luck to you & hang in there!!

Thank you for your support!..day 3.. so far ive alrdy lost 2 kilos..n people around starting to notice the change..i wonder by the end of my liquid diet would i still need the band..

Hi tiffanynco,

Only you can decide what you need in order to reach a healthier lifestyle. If you feel the preop diet is the boost you needed, maybe you could consider getting a second opinion from another surgeon before making the decision. Good luck!

im on day 4 of my liquid diet, i cheated and had some grilled salmon yesterday tho :S
i jumped on the scales first thing in the morning today im 74.5kg weight is dropping ive still got this friday to decide to pay and follow through with the surgery.. i havent spoken to any other surgeons yet still just deciding in my head do i really need this band?..

The band is a tool. I know I need it. All weight loss attempts have failed. It will be with me for many years reminding me to chew/eat smaller portions. We each have out own journey. Your journey to health is important

tomorrow is the day!! im so nervous.. im sad that its on my birthday but same time happy ..i guess ill have to think of it as its a gift to my self.. life changing gift! =D im going to look and feel good

wish me luck guys!

i havent been drinking my shakes jus eat healthy n eating less..i hope this doesnt change things :S

im not morbidly obese jus slightly over weight so i think its okay for me to cheat a little right?

Just got discharged this morning..

Feeling really sore and neauses n drowsy.. all i can do is lay in bed n sleep n drink a little..

any help for banded beginners to help me through this?.. im frightened bcos im in so much pain..especially with the heart burn..

Walk around as much as you can. This really helped me

After walking im feeling exhausted..feeling like i hv no energy and hurts alot afterwards

Been having really bad chest pains like something is stuck when i breath in. And heartburns

Plus abit of Water retention around my belly.. im hoping its goin to get better soon >_<

Meds, follow doctors orders and keep walking. You will continue to feel better each day

The first 2 weeks had been pretty tough for me. I'm just starting to feel like the good old me again 15 days Post op. You just have to rest, keep up your pain meds, and do little bits of walking. I was getting terrible pains. 1. was from the gas after the operation when they blow the tummy up as i had key hole and the second was from over doing the walking and playing with my kids I had a pain from the port area on the big left scar - it was yanking the stitches holding it in place.. I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy it was that bad. So take it easy, sleep and recover so you don't have to go through that :)

Feeling better each day.. the pain is getting better and walking faster..it seems like the port is always on left side because it feels like there is one specific spot hurts most..

One problem i have..i havent gone to the toilet since my OP.. ;( im trying to start drinking prune juice today..see how that goes..any suggestions on the bowel movements?

its 12 days after my OP ive been really bad, i already started eating solids on the 6th day and alternate to solids and shakes, so sometimes Breakfast shake and dinner a small light meal e.g noodles/chicken/salad my surgeon said im doing well but he said not to eat solids continue shake and puree, i feel fine and i have no problem with eating solids atm.

ill be getting a fill 6 weeks after my OP so i dont think i'd b able to eat much after getting my fill. i already dont eat much atm @.@