Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question on Weightloss

I am not asking because I want to hurry an lose weight. I am asking because I am trying to plan clothes out for a trip I earned with my work that is about 2 months after my surgery.

I know everyone is different I just want to have an idea of what everyone's weight loss was after about 6-8 weeks of post-op. Or if you bought new clothes at all at that point were you down 1 size, none or more. I just want to try to have some clothes that will fit without falling off without having to buy stuff in Aruba.

Thanks in advance. I am looking forward to my journey beginning. :-)

My starting weight is 255ish and I am about 5'6"

First off, everyone is different. The weight loss will be somewhat dependent on the type of surgery. I had a RNY. I am male, 5' 6". I was 260 pound but I lost 20 pounds pre-op. After the operation at 8 weeks out, I lost another 40 pounds.

It's really hard to predict. ...I lost 10 lbs pre-op...I lost average of 6-8 per month for first 6 mos...I had several stalls in between. ..last 2-3 months I lost the most weight of my first year post op...I lost a total of 104lbs and have maintained. .. I will be 2 years in January

I was a band to bypass and had a lower bmi but I have lost on average 10 pounds a month since my surgery in May. Doc said I would lose slower than others but from what I see I think I'm losing faster than he thought.

You will also lose inches even when the scale doesn't move, 2 months out you probably will be down a couple sizes but your best bet will be to get your clothes week or so before your trip. They will fit right and you will get a confidence boost shopping for smaller sizes you can wear at that moment not get something now thinking you will fit in it and have it be to small (or big but that's a plus lol) ..enjoy!

Thanks everyone for at least some ideas. I know everyone is different but it's nice to have at least an idea of it :-)

An I wish I could shop the week before :-( but were in Ohio and it'll be January but the trip is in Aruba.. so Im not sure ill be able to find to many summer clothes in the middle of winter lol :-)

Shop on line by taking your measurements. There is a clothing store just for shorts, bathing suits, everything you'll need in Aruba! Wait so you can get the thrill of buying just the right size. I love Land's End, Talbots, Chicos. You can even put in your measurements on Land's End, and it will make an avatar of you. You can even put in your body type, hair color and style! It'll be fun!

Years ago I went to Hawaii after losing a bunch of weight. I took a huge suitcase. What did I wear? A beach cover up, a bathing suit and sandles that I bought there. I think I only wore one outfit I brought from home after I arrived.

As someone who can no longer buy off the rack I would suggest you take your current bathing suit and one a size or two smaller and a couple of cover-up/dresses. I find that dresses are more forgiving over a range of sizes.

Have a great time!

I am 5'7" 257 start and at 6 weeks down to an easy 18 and some 16Ws. 35 lbs down. I . Was a 20w to start. Hope thst helps.

I'm 5'6 and started out at 325 (297 day if surgery). I am 6 months out and have lost a total of 101. I wrote all this down so I went back and looked. I did my first closet purge about 3 months post op and 55 gone. Things were rapidly falling off. I could get into an 18 but it wasn't exactly pretty. All my clothes were falling off. I purged clothes again at about 80 pounds and 95 pounds. I'm very pear shaped so I'm much smaller in top. It's hard to predict. I lost inches even when I was stalled. Go to Target/kohls. I bought a couple maxi sundresses that fit no matter what size I am which I wear when I'm transitioning from one size to next. Good luck and have fun!!

I am just over two months out and have lost 65 pounds that includes 20 pre-op. I was in a 26/28 and now can get into sz18. I find shopping at resale/thrift shops is the best. I have almost nothing that fits from pre-surgery and have purged my closet twice. Until I hit my goal and start to maintain I won't by anything new.