Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vertical incision

What extra charge/fee, after the insurance covered portion, did you have to pay for the vertical incision part of the TT, ultimately making it a fleur due lis?

I was charged $2265. My surgery is in December. I was told that rhe vertical incision was not covered, nor was the compression garment.I was also told that I wouldn't be satisfied with a regular TT or panniculectomy because I would still be left with a lot of skin above my belly button (muffin top) and that I had a lot of vertical laxity as well as horizontal. Note: $65 of this charge is going for a surgical bra for a breast reduction in May of 2015. Has anyone else paid this amount? I'm wondering if this is a normal amount to be charged after my insurance has been applied? Thanks:-)

What extra charge/fee, after the insurance covered portion, did you have to pay for the vertical incision part of the TT, ultimately making it a Fleur De Lis?
My surgery is in December. I was told that the vertical incision was not covered, nor was the compression garment. I was also told that I wouldn't be satisfied with a regular TT or panniculectomy because I would still be left with a lot of skin above my belly button (muffin top) and that I had a lot of vertical laxity as well as horizontal. Note: $65 of this charge is going for a surgical bra for a breast reduction in May of 2015. It was also stated by the PS that the two procedures be split up. Has anyone else paid this amount? I'm wondering if this is a normal amount to be charged after my insurance has been applied? Thanks:-)

Edited by TP1

I will be interested to hear some others. I have gone to a ps and she too said I need the vertical lift so it would be a complete TT since I have massive skin from childbearing to being overweight my whole life. The question I had for her never got answered. I asked, If my insurance paid for only a Panni then can I apply that to the difference. Im hoping to get an answer from my insurance company.

Please explain a little further, I am having trouble following your statement.

That was a question for TP1

If it makes you feel better, I had to pay a little over 27K in cash for my plastics, so at least your insurance is covering a good portion of it! The fee you're being charged does sound very reasonable- my regular Tummy Tuck, without the vertical incision was priced at 9K, so since your procedure is more complicated and you only have to pay a little over 2K, it doesn't sound like you're being charged unfairly.

The compression garments I used were $100 each and I got them on Amazon (Marena brand) instead of ordering through the doctor. They've been wonderful and totally worth the cost. I also bought an expensive surgical bra which was horribly uncomfortable and I've worn the $8 for 2 pair cotton snap up bras that Wal-Mart sells ever since surgery.

Good luck with surgery- you will be so happy to see what you look like when it is all over with! :)

I think it is amazing that you got insurance coverage. :)

I paid in the ballpark of 16K for Lower body lift, arms, breast lift/implants and a small thigh lift with DR Sauceda. That was all inclusive of garments, hotel, airfare etc. Out of pocket was meals for me after I left the clinic, and meals and travel for my friend that I brought with me.

So, anyway, I think what you are paying is very reasonable and when I did consults in the USA, I found that many of the estimates didn't cover extras like the garments etc. so it added up fast. In fact, since in the USA they would have done it over 3 surgeries, I never actually found out what the total cost would be ...

Many of Dr S patients get the vertical incision due to the massive skin above the belly button. The results can be astoundingly good - like they get a real waist back. They all say the scar was worth it. I was lucky to not need that since the way I scar on my torso, they are nice and flat but keep some redness (all scars, not just my plastics scars)

I don't know why you need a special bra for the breast reduction. I wore a normal one. My friend that just had hers used an exercise bra

I am very interested since you are in Michigan if you saw the same doctor. My quote was very similar too! I bet we have the same belly issues! I also need the vertical incision and muscle repair. Where are you in Michigan?

I had plastics in Michigan recently. Didn't need the vertical incision at all, and I'd say the pricing is in line with what others are posting. I had abdominoplasty, butt lift, and arms in one surgery, and I still need another surgery for legs/breasts. My insurance did cover a portion of it.

Same doc!