Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, My name is Nicole. I'm 40 years old and had the sleeve done 7/30/14. I guess about 8 weeks post-op now. Things sucked until about week 7. I think I'm finally in a groove. I am sure I made the right decision. I was 233 pounds and am now 205. Doesn't seem like enough for 8 weeks, but the nurse said I was on track. Just not fast enough for me I guess.

I know that my tastes have change, with is great for cravings, but not so good for variety. Smells make me gag!

I still with my 65grams of Protein a day, low sugar and low calorie items. Lots of chicken and Beans lol!

I'm looking forward to learning and giving some advice because I have the best doctor and support staff that really laid out everything! I also had my gull bladder out as well. It was a standard process to get checked before surgery and apparently I had gull stones.

Eating on the run is the hardest because I really need to eat every 2 hours or so or I get the shakes (like hands shaking). I'm still very fatigued and weak, but back at work after 3 weeks off.

The reason for the sleeve was because I loved food and ate too much and had such horrible cravings for food. I loved it all!! The sleeve takes away the cravings and I can only eat a little before having to stop. Also, most food is gross now anyways! Love that! Not sure what the future will hold, but I hope it stays like this.

Thanks for reading!

Nicole

Welcome to the forum. You will have amazing non-surgical victories as you go. We call them "NSV's"......things like being able to trim your own toenails, tie your own shoes, run for the first time in years, or getting into a lower size that you haven't seen since you were 20. Keep in touch and visit us often. Congratulations for taking control of your health and happiness.

@@Nicole Kinnison-Hayes, You are so lucky you lost the cravings, I had surgery on the 14th of September, and never lost any cravings sadly, what I wouldn't give for a pizza right now (or chinese food). I also went back to work immediately, (no rest for the wicked)! I drove nine hours yesterday (back to work), so didn't really eat anything for that entire time, and only got in a few sips of Water. My biggest fear is not getting my Protein in, I'm trying to do pre-mixed shakes, and hate them all, and can't really stomach the horrible taste of the powder ones, and I've tried many! So basically right now, I'm not eating or drinking much, and am very worried this will effect my weightloss.

Hi Cody's Mom,

Well first of all, you didn't weigh a huge amount to show much weight loss. It will be a slow process. My doctor had a whole food plan laid out and what to eat when. In the beginning (the first couple weeks) I dreamed about the food I loved lol! Then the cravings went away. Give it time. Your smell with change as well. We are told to get in 65 grams of Protein a day. Premiere shakes are the best, but add ice to make them reallly cold. I don't like any others. The ready made kind are the best. Also, there is a brand that has unflavored powder. Add it to anything like the shakes or Soup or even coffee. Just work on the Protein. I was aslo able to have mashed potatoes pretty early on. And don't go 9 hours without eating!! I don't know how you did that, but I would have passed out! cheese has protein as well. Just go by what the food list the doctor gave you says. Each week I think you get to add in a new food. I am about 8 weeks out and basically just eat chicken and pinto Beans lol! Oh and a fried egg helped alot! Lots of protein! Peanut Butter is good too. But I have a list of foods for each stage. What are you allowed to eat? No doubt it's hard in the beginning, but about week 7, things got better for me. Let me know if you have any other questions!